Time

*Narrative POV*

The Miranda's just needed one thing; time.

They needed time to heal, time to grow, time to come together, time to learn.

This was not easy, of course. Lin and Pippa never officially met their daughter, but that didn't matter; it was still their daughter, and that precious life was taken far too soon.

It's been a few weeks now, and Pippa is starting to be more open and willing again.

Lin went back to normal life, to the best he could. It seemed to be working. But every now and then, he would feel the pain of the loss of his child.

Pippa was still staying at home, she surrounded herself constantly with her friends and family. They helped to make her feel better.

Just as much as Lin and Pippa were hurting, Sebastian was hurting too. Sure, he didn't fully understand what happened, but he knew that his parents were sad, and he didn't like that.

He would do everything he could to get them to smile, to laugh, anything. But when they wouldn't, he would throw fits because he was upset. He just wanted everyone to be happy.

Now, three months after the miscarriage, things were finally getting back to normal. Pippa was in shows again, and would talk, Lin would laugh and he took up social media again, and Sebastian's fits stopped.

Things seemed to be going great for the Miranda's after considering what had happened. This experience had only brought them closer.

It wasn't until that one night, that things started to go wrong again.

Lin, Pippa, and Sebastian were in the park, enjoying the summer weather. Sebastian was naturally very excited and hyper.

"Mommy! Mommy come play! Mommy!" Sebastian kept saying and tugging on Pippa's arm as she was talking to Lin.

When he wouldn't stop, Pippa finally snapped.

"I'm not your mother! Stop calling me that!" She hissed, which caused Sebastian to cry and run to Lin.

Immediately regretting her actions, Pippa turned to Lin who was holding a crying Sebastian with apologetic eyes. 

"Lin.. I.. I didn-"

"Save it, Pippa."

"That's not what I meant!"

The next few days were quiet in the Miranda household until Pippa finally broke the silence.

"Lin, I didn't mean it like that. I love Sebastian. He's just as much my son as he is yours. I just... I really want a little you and me running around. I guess it still hurts..."

Lin nodded and took her hands.

"Then, that's what we'll do..."