Transplant.

*Lin's POV*

Today was the big day. The transplant.
Pippa got a call from the doctor a day ago, and her surgery was quickly booked.

We woke at 3:00 AM, my parents and Pippa's parents arrived at our apartment at 3:30. My mother and Pippa's mother were going to watch over Sebastian and our fathers would wait at the hospital with me.

We left the apartment at 4:00AM.

The car ride was silent; no one dare spoke a word.

We arrived promptly at 5, and her surgery would begin around 5:30.

I was nervous, terrified, mortified, but I couldn't let my emotions show. I needed to be there for my wife and be strong for her.

I can't even begin to think what she's feeling or thinking at a time like this.

Organ transplants are risky because you never know what could happen; her body could reject it or accept it and there's no way to know for sure.

The world seemed to stop as they took her away.

"I'll see you on the other side my love.." I said and kissed her head before she was complete out of my sight.

The dreaded surgery began.

"Count down from ten for me, Mrs. Miranda-Soo..."

"10,9,8..."

"Scalpel"

"Cauterize"

"Organ successfully removed.."

"Quick! 30 CC's of blood... STAT!"

"Transfusion successful.."

"She's holding on.."

"Quick. We need to get this done..."

"Liver..."

"Liver in place..."

"Sutures..."

"Cauterize.."

"She's dropping.."

"Clear!"

"Paddles!"

"Sutures.."

"Disinfectant.."

"Gauze.."

"Room 414. Deliver pain pill when she wakes.."

I kept pacing. My head was reeling. What took so long?

Mr. Soo was talking to the doctors, seeing if he could find any information.

No luck.

"The Family of Mrs. Miranda-Soo?" A doctor called out.

My father, Mr. Soo, and I all got up.

The doctor approached us.

"The surgery is completed.. so far it seems as if there were no complications. Her body seems to be adjusting well, but we need to monitor her for a week or so.."

"Can we see her?" I asked and the doctor nodded and lead us to her room.

She looked so fragile, so weak.

I held her hand and started silently sobbing.