[1]

(I'll be putting songs that help me write each chapter and the beginning of each)

// Gold Silver Diamond - Generationals//

My toes squirm around in my freshly polished school shoes. First days are not my cup of tea. I bet I'll make a fool of myself or end up making an enemy.

Anxiously, I fidget with my knee socks and pull them up as high as they can stretch underneath my desk.

In school, teachers tell us we can express ourselves but then are squished into white blouses with black pleated skirts with our feet cramped in little brown leather shoes.

I huff out a breath I didn't know I was holding onto. I sit at a desk in the back, 5 minutes early waiting for school to start. I have a habit of getting to places too early, but you know the saying, "The early bird gets the worm!"

Once the bell rang everyone flooded into class along with the chaotic buzz of chatter.

I fidgeted with the notebook on my desk to make sure I don't make any awkward eye contact with anyone.

"Alright, alright everyone, please sit down," the teacher commanded as she walked into the class following the stray students who were still in the hall.

After everyone quickly settled into their seats the teacher finally began.

"To start this morning off we'll be talking about.." she tapped her pen on her lip as she flipped through the papers on her desk. "Oh, wait a second," she looked up and scanned the room. "We have a new student here today!" her eyes focused in on me. "Would you stand up please?" she encouraged

I hesitantly pushed off of my seat and stood up.

"Everyone, this is Amelia Primik!" The teacher smiled sweetly "You are all to make her feel as though she is welcome."

I sank back into my seat as everyone removed their eyes from me, well most. I could feel their stares as if their gaze was a fire burning into my skin.

"Like last week we'll be talking about discrimination in the 60's," as she brought up her powerpoint presentation on the topic.

After finishing the topic she assigned us a partner project about recreating a protest about women's rights and other issues.

"Groups of 4, please. You'll have three days to work on this."

Everyone divided in an instant while I sat at my desk with my hands in my lap, fun. I opened my notebook and started to scribble down some ideas for this project.

  Maybe she would let me do this by myself since I'm new

"Amelia, would you like to be in my group?" A boy with quiffed brown hair asked as he leaned over onto my desk.

"I-I-" escaped my lips, unable to defend myself from his words. I like to have barriers; barriers don't get you hurt. 

"I get the new kid," the girl in front of me turned to face me. She had long dark brown hair with mesmerizing green contacts in her eyes.

"Why should you get her? I was here first," he fired back and shot her a glare.

"Because I said so, now scram Xavier." the girl said as she rolled her eyes impatiently, she obviously had a big problem with the boy.

A blonde haired boy who was sitting next to her stood up and arched an eyebrow at Xavier who was still hovering over me, and with that, he cursed under his breath and walked away.

"You wouldn't have wanted to work with him, they'll use you and take all of the credit." she paused. "If you know what I'm hinting at"

"Thanks," I said quietly. I couldn't tell if she was joking or serious and I didn't know how to react. What if I react the wrong way and come across as weird

She nodded in acceptance.

"I'm Ivy."

"I'm Mason," the boy beside her stuck out his hand for me to shake.

"Amelia," I shook his hand and then smiled at them.

~~~

I never keep stories but I'm gonna try my hardest and finish this one. Please please please give me your opinions on this, it'll encourage me to continue