Chapter 1 - 6 Years.

Sarah's POV: Hi, I'm Sarah Clementine. If you would've told me two weeks ago I'd be in prison for the next 6 years of my life, I'd say you were crazy. But it's true, so maybe I'm the crazy one.

All of it was a blur, I was in a van heading to the prison and some girl with a very thick southern accent was talking to me. I was only catching every couple of sentences "The time will fly by" "You'll get assigned a job". The rest was all just noise. I was fighting back tears as it sunk it that I would not be leaving the prison I was going to now for six years. 
The van stopped and an officer opened the door. He grabbed my arm and guided me to a room with 1 female officer in it. "Strip." She said "Sorry?" I asked. "Strip your clothes.". I took off all my clothes. She shined a flashlight in my mouth and then said "Squat and cough." I squatted down and coughed softly. "Come on, Inmate; you can do better than that." I coughed loudly. Soon I put my clothes back on and I was handed a bunch of bedding and a uniform. 

This uniform made me feel like a walking traffic cone. "Hey everybody look at me! I'm new and terrified.". The girl from the van who's name was Pennsatucky showed me to my bunk and gave me a toothbrush "Why are you being nice to me?" I asked as she handed it to me. " We take care of our own." she said with a smile. I started to make my bed "Don't make your bed." I stopped and turned around to see who had said that. On the top bunk across from me was a girl with blonde bushy hair and smudged eyeliner. "They'll make it for you, they know how to.". I nodded. "Lunch is in like 5 minutes do you want me to show you where it is?" She asked. I nodded. 

She got up off her bunk and we walked down the halls "What's your name?" She asked. "Sarah." I replied. "We go by last names in here, what's your last name?" "Oh, Clementine." I replied. "Well isn't that cheerful. I'm Nicky.". There was an awkward silence until we got to the cafeteria. It was full of people. I wondered if Nicky would let me sit with her, and if she wouldn't where would I sit? "You can sit with me." She said. We got in line and she was talking to me but I wasn't quite listening. It was hard to concentrate on anything. All I could think of was 'How did I get in here for 6 years for such a stupid crime?'. "Clementine?" She said. "What? Sorry..." I said. She gestured towards the woman behind the counter. She was trying to hand me my tray. I grabbed the tray and walked to a corner as I stared at the large room. I didn't know where to sit and I feared if I sat in the wrong spot someone would yell at me. This place seemed very racially divided but even within those races, there were groups. And I wasn't in any of them. "You can sit with me." Nicky said. I followed her to a table in the center of the room. I sat down and looked at the group of girls. "Guys this is Clementine." She said. "Hi..." I said. "She talks." Nicky said, surprised. "Hi I'm Morello, this is Alex, and Piper, and Boo." she said in an accent that sounded like a Boston one. "You'll start to feel at home soon." the blonde on, Piper said. That's what I feared. This wasn't my home and I didn't want it to be. I don't know which one I feared more, never getting used to being here, or getting used to being here. 

A/N: HEY MAN! I've been working on this book for so many days and months and seconds. I wanted to make it perfect for you guys but lets be real I'm not perfect so there may be spelling errors or grammatical errors or whatever. Bear with me. Also is it bare or bear or some other word? Idk. Enjoy the book. Comment stuff. Bye!