"Are you deaf?! Move it!"

The brat didn't move instead she gripped the guy by the front of his shirt and started kissing the living daylight out of him. I killed the engine and stared at the both of them still intertwined together trying to swallow each other whole. A full minute had passed and my patience was on end. Neither of them seemed any closer to ending their kiss.

Well, two can play at this.

The Beetle's engine purred to life and I honked on the horn slowly inching closer and closer to Romeo and Juliet, as if they forgot how their little love tale ended. They pulled apart as the car moved closer and closer and they backed away out of the parking space.
"Are you crazy?!" The girl screams huffing.

The engine died once more and I got out and closed the door.

"Are you crazy?!" The girl screams again and I ignored both of them.

"Daphne babe, just forget it," the boy was saying holding onto his fuming girlfriend's wrist.

"Are you kidding me Ian the crazy bitch almost ran us over?!" She yells at the guy.

I flung the satchel over my shoulder and walked towards the building leaving the guy trying to calm his girlfriend. Students from all direction were now flocking to the building holding hands and chattering. Senior boys with arms thrown over the shoulders of girls who were an inch or two shorter clamping them to their sides. Already it seemed I was going to be the only single person in this school of couples. The name John Wickerman High was in bold letters at the front of the building. The sea of students flooding into the school remained thick and I walked along surrounded by chatter and laughter. Even though I had been living here over a year and a half, I only knew a few people and none of them was in high school. I walked along the crowded corridor looking around for the main office.

"Secret. Is that you?" Familiar feminine voice calls.

I halted and turned to see a beautiful blonde with the bluest eyes I've ever seen on anyone making her way through the crowd.

"Hey Char," I say as the slender woman caught up, clothed in a purple waistcoat, a hot pink top with a green pencilled skirt and canary yellow pumps.

My focus was on her outfit, taking it in from top to bottom. I squinted at the blinding colours. I couldn't imagine anyone seriously wearing that many colours in one outfit. Even though she looked out of place and bizarre she had managed to pull off the look in a good way.

Char smiled at me and I had to dig deep to pry my eyes away from her outfit. She was another one of Helen's friends who dropped by the flower shop every now and then. Helen knows just about everyone, she has more friends than I have hair follicles. Me on the other hand, I tended to avoid crowds and people.

"Why do you look so lost?" She asks smiling.

"Please tell me you won't be one of my teachers," I mutter.

She chuckled. I hadn't meant for her to hear and I apologized softly.

"No need to worry, I teach the little ones," Charlotte beams.

Good, cause I'm not trying to be visually impaired by the end of the week.

"Searching for the office?" She queries and I nodded.

"Come on let me show you," she offers a smile leading the way, "how's Helen?"

"Ah, fine," I reply and she walked with me to the office to retrieve my new kid on the block starter kit to take me through the rest of the school year.