✏|49

☁ A scene from a book I'll never write

Read, idea, write, tag me
---------------------------------------------------------

✏ - Jung Hoseok

You made a run to the grocery store before quickly making your way to your parent's apartment. It was your mother's birthday today and you definitely needed to spend some time with her. You rang the doorbell and waited, a faint smile on your face. A boy opened the door, and your smile immediately faded into a scowl.

Hoseok leaned against the door with a smile, "You're here! Come here, give oppa a hug,"

"You're so disgusting," you commented as you shoved past him into the house. 

"Aww, but I missed you dongsaeng!" Hoseok yelled as he shut the door, looking a little impatient because of his failed attempt. 

"We saw each other just yesterday night, was not a good encounter, oppa." you said knowingly as you pulled out food from the grocery bag. 

Your mother came out of the kitchen and sighed at you two. She went over to help you with the food as she said, "It's my birthday, can you two at least pretend to be actual siblings for once?"

"But umma," Hoseok moved over to help move the heavy things into the kitchen (as if you aren't able to handle those), "this is what siblings are like. We bicker, we argue, we fight, we stop each other from doing what we want."

"That makes you the worst fucking brother in the entire world, Hoseok," you informed with a smile.

Hoseok clicked his tongue at you before returning to sit on the couch.

You and Hoseok used to be the very close to each other. Hoseok was the brother every kid wish they had. Good-looking, caring, smart, kind-hearted, optimistic, talented — he was the perfect brother. You? You weren't exactly what parents wanted. Reckless, smart but in a sneaky way, mind full of ridiculous ideas that are usually up to no good, and what runs in the family - a charming face.

Hoseok tolerated you, he was always there to fix the mess you created. You were that one sister who thinks her brother is literally the best person in the entire world. Hosoek used to be the smartest, the most good-looking, the most talented person. Now, he's just this 'disgusting and worst fucking brother ever'.

You two grew distant after turning into an adult. Completely distant. Every time you two see each other, someone always ends up getting hurt and you two started to hope that you won't see each other at all to this point. 

Why would you want to see each other?

Hoseok turned his attention to you, who walked out of the kitchen holding onto your wrist. He perked up at the painful expression you're making as you walked past him to the bathroom. He stood up and followed you into the hallway. 

"(Name)?"

Hoseok stopped in front of the open door and looked as you wash off the blood on your wrist, sobs coming out of your mouth now and then. That was not a fresh wound, Hoseok knew, that did now happen just a few minutes ago. It was yesterday night when you were robbing the bank and he was there.

You're the villain and he's the hero.

"I am sorry," Hoseok softly said as he grabbed a hold of your arm and gently pulled it towards him, "come on, let me hea - "

You snatched your arm away from him, "You can't heal the things you created, Hoseok, that is not a part of your ability. It will heal over time, don't worry too much about it."

A lump formed at Hoseok's throat and he couldn't speak. He didn't know what to say. When did you decide to turn into a villain and started to cause chaos in Korea, he didn't know. He only knew he has to be the hero if you are the villain. If someone else became the hero, there was no guarantee that the hero would cut you slacks and not kill you. It doesn't matter what the hero does, he or she can kill anyone and still get praised as long as the villain is gone. In that way, only with him being your enemy would guarantee your safety, because he is your older brother and he would never hurt you (unless accidentally, that is inevitable).

"You can put down the glamor, you know? You're at home," Hoseok said, "why do you feel the need to use it anyway?"

"People hate me, oppa," you said as a matter of factly, "you think I can just walk around without having people throwing things at me and yelling 'crazy bitch' at me? I am not you, oppa. People aren't smiles and flowers around me."

Hoseok pouted, "Not everyone hates you, I don't hate you. I love you,"

"You are so gross, so gross!" you yelled when Hoseok let out a childish grin and pulled you into a tight hug. "Your optimism is burning me alive, Hoseok." you said as you returned the hug, smiling just a little at the warmth. You've been so lonely, the only person you've talked to was your brother and you two weren't even having a proper conversation.

"You know, you haven't caused trouble in a pretty long time, I thought you finally decided to quit but then no, you had to rob the bank yesterday night." Hoseok said as he patted your back.

"I had to," you muttered. 

Trouble needs to be caused.

Or else the hero wouldn't be needed.

Your popularity can't die out like that, Hoseok.

I won't let that happen.
---------------------------------------------------------