Chapter 32

EXO's new album "EXOTIC" dropped with amazing ratings, with three songs even making it onto the charts, and the title track winning on seven music shows. And with the release of the new album, the nine members began preparing for their tour, aptly titled "EXO'sphere." 

While it would take a little while to leave, to be precise, around two more weeks, the nine had begun practicing the choreography and song lists for their show. Even back in Korea, people were running around, all engrossed in their own work, whether it was to design the perfect stage wear for them, make reservations at locations, handling the ticket sales, coming up with new merchandise, they all worked fruitfully to ensure another amazing tour for the boy group. 

Junmyeon had taken over the members' schedules, making them promise that this tour would come first and they'd have to give their all, which they did. Chanyeol and Jongdae spent extra hours in the dance studio, perfecting their moves, Jongin and Baekhyun took a break from their girlfriends (they understood, of course, being world famous idols themselves), Yixing and Sehun perfected their solo performances and Minseok and Kyungsoo worked on their vocals. 

As for Junmyeon, he worked on the schedules, giving his members enough downtime, telling them to take good care of themselves, often bringing medicine to them in times of trouble. He pushed them to the brink, and pulled them back to the ground.

He also stayed back to work on his performance, taking special lessons from Yixing, who was all to ready to help coach the leader. He worked on his vocals with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, especially going back to an old song of theirs "Baby Don't Cry" to practice. 

And one fateful day, it was Jongin who was giving him the dance lessons since Yixing needed to work on his solo routine. There wasn't much difference between the two dancers, although Jongin liked to prod and tease the elder for fun.

Junmyeon slumped to the ground, panting deeply. "I feel like I can sleep for a week," he complained. 

"I'm pretty sure all of us can," Jongin agreed. "We should take a break." He began walking towards the door.

"Hey, where are you going?" Junmyeon asked.

Jongin help up his phone. "Checking in with Soojung," he said. "I should at least tell her what I've been up to via text if not anything. We haven't talked in two weeks."

Junmyeon nodded. "Don't overdo it," he advised. "We still have the rest of the session to go through."

Jongin hummed. "I won't, hyung. I'll be quick."

Jongin stepped out of the practice room and closed the door behind him, leaving Junmyeon alone on the ground. The older idol panted deeply, catching his breath and closing his eyes as he began to get a migraine. 

He then heard is phone ringing, snapping him out of the trance he was in. Rubbing his head, he pulled himself up to his feet and stumbled over to the bench where his bag was kept. His mind slightly delirious and seeing a blurry world around him, he blindly searched for his phone and when he found it, managed to swipe his finger on the green answer logo on the touchscreen and put it to his ear.

"Hello?" he asked, still struggling to get his momentum back.

"It's been a while."

Junmyeon froze when he heard the voice coming out of the other end of the line. It was sleek, slender, deep, heavily accented with English and Chinese.

"Yifan..." he breathed.

"Hey, bud," Yifan said in English before switching over to a heavily accented Korean. "I got your number from Luhan. He's been keeping in touch with you guys, hasn't he?"

Junmyeon still felt frozen, but he managed to let out a couple of words. "Y-Yeah, he h-has."

"Good," Yifan chuckled. "He always liked you guys and never wanted to leave in the first place. I'm pretty sure he'd also come back if he could. It's just like him to have a personal relationship with you guys even after everything."

Junmyeon stayed silent, still not able to believe what was happening. 

"Anyways, I heard you guys are going on tour in a short while!" Yifan's voice was cheerful. "I listened to your latest album, you guys just keep getting better and better."

"T-thanks," Junmyeon mumbled.

"Seriously, dude, I wish I was there," Yifan laughed lightly. "Anyways, when you do come to America, we should go out for a drink or two. Even coffee is fine. What do you say?"

Junmyeon felt his lips pulling up in a wide smile from his frozen face. "T-that sounds good," he said.

"Great!" Yifan said. "It seems the two of us have a lot to catch up on."

Finally, finally, Junmyeon found his voice returning back to him. It had been two years, two years, since he had heard that voice. 

He missed it so much.

"I'll take you up on that drink, Yifan-hyung." 

It had been so long since he had called him that, he didn't know how he would react.

"I'm looking forward to it, Junmyeon-ah," Yifan said. "This is my number, so don't forget to drop me a message when you come over so we can make plans, alright? I also want to see the rest of the guys."

Junmyeon nodded, his throat clogging up. "S-see you then."

"Later."

The line cut off and Junmyeon dropped onto the bench, panting. 

After two years, Yifan had finally called him. 

What did this mean? Was he not mad at them anymore? Did he forgive him? Did he not blame him anymore? Was he forced into this by Luhan and Zitao, or did he contact him out of his own will?

He smiled softly. Well, whatever the reason, he had a feeling things were going to work out just fine.

***

"Alright, is everyone ready?" Junmyeon asked.

The members crowded around him in a circle, all holding bags and dragging suitcases behind them. Junmyeon himself had a bag slung over his shoulder and a suitcase handle in his palm, using his free hand to direct the movements of the members.

"You remember what we went over?" he asked the group. 

They all nodded in unison, hums and mutters of "Yes," coming out from the members. "We know, hyung," Chanyeol said.

"Just to be sure I'll sum it up again," Junmyeon said, adjusting the strap of his bag. "This is an important concert for us."

"You say that about every concert," Baekhyun pointed out.

"And your point is?" Junmyeon asked him.

Chuckles broke out from the group members. 

Junmyeon took a deep breath and began talking again. "You know the drill," he said. "You go out there, you have fun, give it all you've got, give the fans a wonderful time, and you have an amazing time as well!"

"Yes, sir!" they all said.

Their managers led them to the check-in counter, and Junmyeon allowed them to go on ahead while he hung back slightly. 

He turned around look at the airport door, the door separating him from Seoul, from Korea, from Eunji

He sighed and turned around, walking towards the counter to place his suitcase on the weighing tray. It was going to be a while before he returned home.

***

A/N: So, the next chapter will be the last!

The scene with Kris was something I had in my head since I began writing this story. I'm glad we've finally come to it!

Wow, can't believe I really am at the end of this story. It feels a bit unreal.