Chapter 22

"Thank you!"

EXO bowed and got off the stage, smiling and waving to the fans sitting in the audience. The MC began to announce TWICE with their new song, and EXO made their way to their dressing room. 

It was then that Junmyeon caught sight of Kyuhyun coming up to them, clapping his hands slowly for the nine junior members.

"And EXO makes another grand comeback!" he announced.

"Thanks, hyung!"

"We wouldn't have done it without your guidance, sunbae!"

"Thanks for always being there for us!"

"Your comeback was really cool too!"

The senior idol smiled. He always did enjoy interacting with the rookie groups (yes, he knew EXO had debuted for four years, but they'd always be a rookie group to him.) "Don't forget that 24th is the SMTOWN Christmas Live," he reminded.

Junmyeon nodded. "We won't forget," he assured. "We've been waiting for that live for two months."

The rest of the members began to file into the dressing room, sharing thanks and congratulations with Kyuhyun. Junmyeon was the last to leave, and then a thought struck him.

"Hyung," he said, turning back to Kyuhyun.

"Hm?"

"Do you by any chance have some time?" 

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow. "I may, but it depends on the reason why."

"I just need to ask you a question."

"About what?"

"About Chanyeol's scandal."

Kyuhyun paused at that. He folded his arms across his chest and held his chin, looking down. "Chanyeol's scandal...huh? It's been so long I've already forgotten about it."

Junmyeon hummed. "There's something that's been on my mind that I wanted to talk to someone about. Can you spare a short while?"

Kyuhyun thought about it for a moment. "Tomorrow, I'll meet you for a bite. How does that sound?"

Junmyeon nodded. "Sounds good."

***

The older idol places a tray with a couple of sandwiches and two drinks in front of him. 

"Alright," he said, pulling out the chair and sitting opposite Junmyeon, "what did you want to ask?"

"Did someone try to ignite a scandal with any one of you a few years ago?" Junmyeon asked.

Kyuhyun lifted his eyes from his sandwich. "You'll have to be a bit more specific," he said. "Quite a lot of idols try to ignite scandals with us."

"I meant a fan," Junmyeon clarified. "Do you remember anything like that?"

Kyuhyun rubbed his forehead with his finger. "Fans...now that's a different story," he said, almost to himself.

"Did something happen?" Junmyeon asked, leaning over the table a little, interested.

Kyuhyun lowered his voice a bit. "It was a while ago, so I don't remember all the exact details..." he said. "And since saseangs keep trying to get in our way, the details may get a little murky, but I do remember an incident."

"Tell me."

"Years ago, before you even debuted, so I guess around five or six," Kyuhyun said. "It was at a concert, an encore concert after our world tour. We were going back to the dressing rooms to change and rest, when we came across this girl. I guess she couldn't be more than thirteen or fourteen, but we found that she was wearing a fake ID to get in. How she got her hands and tricked the security I'll still never know."