Chapter 25

"So he asked you if you wanted to break up with her..." Baekhyun stated.

Junmyeon nodded, taking a sip of his warm beverage. "Yeah, he did."

"And you decided not to break up with her..."

"Yeah."

"And that's all that happened?" 

"Yes."

Baekhyun tilted his head slightly, staring at Junmyeon intensely over his folded arms on the couch's headboard. "Are you sure you're telling me everything?" he questioned.

"I've told you everything. Why do you think I'm keeping something from you?"

"Well, because a situation like this can't be over so quickly and effortlessly. There has to be something you're not telling me."

"What's with that sort of interest?"

"Was it really over just like that?"

"What is with you, Baekhyun?!"

Baekhyun looked disappointed. "You seriously have no sense of drama at all," he mumbled.

"Drama?" Junmyeon asked in disbelief. "You think we're living in a drama?"

"Don't we all?" Baekhyun said. "Isn't everyone's life a drama of its own?"

Junmyeon paused. Even though he was an idiot at times, other times, he said some really deep stuff. And the more he dwelled on it, the deeper it seemed. 

He almost forgot the reason he was mad. Almost.

"Anyway, did you tell her yet?" Baekhyun asked.

Junmyeon looked up. "Who?"

"Eunji," the black haired idol clarified. "Did you confess to her yet?"

Junmyeon shook his head. Baekhyun's eyes nearly popped out of his head. "Why not!"

"Why should I have to?" Junmyeon coolly asked. 

Baekhyun was almost sure the person sitting in front of him was not his leader. How could someone be this...?

"Isn't it natural to confess?"

"But why should I have to burden her with something like this?"

"You should still confess."

"I don't know if she even likes me back."

"Hyung, she didn't break up with you when she had the chance. She likes you."

Junmyeon shook his head, settling down in the couch. "I'm still confused about my own feelings, Baekhyun-ah," he said, lowering his voice. "I won't confess to her until I'm absolutely sure I like her."

Baekhyun shrugged. "It's your confession, hyung," he said, standing up. "But I do think that you know what your feelings are, you're just afraid of getting rejected."

***

On the 22nd, he gets a call from Eunji, asking to meet up at the café they went to for their first date. He doesn't know why, as they'll see each other anyway on the 24th before they leave for the holidays (Apink, VIXX, Girl's Generation, BTS and INFINITE were special guests on the Christmas Live. The company wanted to bring in groups from other agencies for small performances as well that night.) 

She still asks to meet up, saying that it had been a while and she missed eating with him like they normally did.

So he chuckled and told her he'd see her for breakfast the next day.