Chapter 6

Once in a while, he would get a day, an incredibly rare day, when he didn't have to wake up at 5 in the morning to prepare for some event. On those days, he'd sleep in, maximum until 8, as he found himself unable to sleep past then. He'd get up at ease and take his time getting ready to go to whatever he had planned.

Today was not one of those days.

It was only 11 in the morning and Junmyeon found himself dozing off seated in his chair. 

His day had barely begun and he was already exhausted. Well, considering that he had just returned from his trip to China on a late night flight, reaching the dorm at around 3 and having to wake up pretty early because a couple of EXO members were going to be doing a show for which the filming was in the morning, it was no wonder why he was considering just falling asleep with his eyes open.

He had gotten ready first and waited for Jongin and Yixing to get their hair and makeup done. He quickly found that it was not a good idea, as his eyes began to feel heavy and began to drop of their own accord.

He struggled to stay awake, telling himself that he'd get to meet VIXX's Leo and N, two people he'd been looking forward to being on a show with. Sadly, it didn't work.

Luckily, just before he actually nodded off, his phone rang and he ran to answer it without checking the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Suho-shi, this is Jung Eunji!" a cheerful voice on the other side of line said. 

He pulled the phone away from his ear for a moment to check the ID. "Oh, yeah, Eunji-shi," he said, trying to bring back some perk into his voice (ultimately failing).

"Hey, are you alright?" she asked him. "You sound tired."

"Oh, don't worry about it," he quickly assured. "I just need some coffee and I'll be fine."

"Coffee, huh?" She paused for a moment. "How about you and I go get that coffee once you're done with your recording?"

"How did you know I'm doing a recording?" he questioned.

"Oh, my manager told me," she said. "I had a schedule in Japan and then when I got back, you were in China." He nodded; he was aware of the scheduling conflicts that would happen. "Since we haven't been seen together for two weeks, maybe we should go get a coffee or something."

He nodded. "That sounds like a good idea."

He could hear her smiling. "That's great! Wait, you get off at 1, right? I'll meet you at the studio."

The call ended before he could say anything, and he was left staring at his phone. He wasn't a person who liked impulsiveness. He saw it as irresponsible and always preferred to have his entire day planned out beforehand.

And yet, her tendency to make plans on the go was something he didn't really mind.

***

He finishes the filming at about ten minutes to one. He cast a look at the clock and smiled. Just as planned.

Junmyeon gets out of his stage wear into more casual clothes before he stops. Was it too casual?

He turned around. "Jongin!" he called.

The younger idol poked his head out from behind the curtain where he was changing. "Yes, hyung?"

"Is this too casual?" Junmyeon asked, standing in front of him.

Jongin looked him up and down. "It's actually fine, hyung. Why do you ask?"

"I'm meeting Eunji-shi in about five minutes."

Jongin's eyes widened. "Oh, so that's what this was about," he said in a voice that made it clear he was trying to hide a smile. "Don't worry, hyung. You look good. Just make sure to take the mask and cap with you."