Chapter 11

"Hold my hand,
Come and lean on me,
I'll always be your strength!"

Eunji dragged out the last chord as they finished up with the recording of an acoustic version of one of their previous hits "NoNoNo." The guitarist strummed the final chord and put his guitar down as the six girls applauded.

Sitting in front of them was a camera crew, with the director smiling and clapping along, and the rest of the crew also had smiles on their faces. The director called a cut and stood up as they turned the cameras and sound equipment off. The girls stood up and bowed, thanking the crew for their hard work.

Eunji looked up and spotted Hyunseung leaning against the door of the practice room used to film the short music video. As the crew dispersed, the rest of the girls also noticed their senior's presence, and Naeun and Bomi went over to greet him. Chorong stayed back with Eunji, giving last greetings to the VJs. 

Naeun made her way back to the two. "Sunbae wants to see Eunji."

"Me? Why?" Eunji asked.

"I'm not sure," the younger replied. "He just wanted to steal you away to give you a message."

Eunji nodded. "I'll go meet him then."

Bomi nodded at her as she made her way to the older man standing by the doorway. He greeted her with a smile. "It's been a while."

She smiled back. "It has," she agreed. "What brings you by, sunbae?"

"Nothing much," he said. "I didn't get the chance to congratulate you since my schedule's only just freed up, so I thought I'd drop by and wish you well."

She bowed, beaming. "Thanks for the good wishes, sunbae. They really mean a lot."

"And also, your manager asked me to pass on a message before she needed to leave," he said. "I met her while I was coming up, so she asked me to tell you that you have an important shoot in three days and to call her as soon as possible."

She nodded. "I'm free, so I'll call her now." 

"Do that," he said. "She seemed to be in a hurry, though I don't know why." He wished her good luck once more before greeting the rest of the group. He then left as he had a recording after which he was to fly once more to Japan.

The life of an international star...

Excusing herself from the rest of the group, she went into a corner and dialed her manager, hoping that something bad hadn't happened. Her manager was one of the sturdiest people she knew, even during a crisis she was known to keep a cool head. If she was in a hurry, it wasn't a good sign. 

"Eunji-ah, you called!" She sounded out of breath.

"Unnie, what happened?" Eunji asked.

"Nothing you need to worry about," she said from the other end of the line. "I had some family trouble so I needed to abandon you. Sorry about that."

"It's fine..."

"Anyway, I wanted you to call me because while you were filming, I got a call from Dispatch magazine."

"Dispatch? Why?"

"They're doing a segment on idol couples. And they want to cover you and Suho-shi."

Eunji paled slightly. "So soon?" she asked. "It's barely been two months since we started dating."

"This means you two have done well," her manager said. "You've struck up enough buzz for a magazine to want to get the inside details about your relationship."

"But we have no inside details..." Eunji sighed. "Everything is out for the people to see."

"You know the way the media works, don't you?" her manager reminded. "It's part of the burden of being an idol. You and Suho-shi have made waves with your interactions, and they will stop at nothing to get some juicy gossip. Better to just give it to them."