Chapter 21

"Figures he'd fall sick right at this crucial moment."

"Who asked him to practice all night anyways?"

"Yixing-hyung, weren't you supposed to keep an eye on him?"

"It's not my fault, don't blame me!"

Eight members were crowded around a bed in which a coughing Junmyeon lay. They all held grieving faces, with their heads down, as if he were on his deathbed.

Junmyeon raised his eyes to his members. "I'm not dying," he exclaimed. "So stop looking so mournful!" 

Chanyeol stepped forward. "But you're sick..."

"So? It's not like any of you have never been sick before."

"What about the winter album?" Jongdae asked.

"We've already recorded it, I don't see your point."

"The performances?" Jongin asked.

"I'm not going to miss out on everything," Junmyeon said. "I just need a day's rest. So get out and let me get some sleep."

He picked up a tissue and threatened to throw it at his members, who hurriedly exited the room. When Minseok paused for a moment at the door, throwing him another pitiful look, he flung the ball at the elder, making him let out a small yelp and shut the door behind him. 

"So, what do we do now?" Sehun asked his members.

Kyungsoo shrugged. "It's just a virus," he said. "He'll be fine, but he needs someone to take care of him for today. Who's free?" He looked around the seven who all stared back with blank looks.

"All of us have a packed day," Chanyeol said. 

Kyungsoo folded his arms across his chest, thinking. "I'm not confident just leaving him alone, he's pretty sick," he said. "I'd stay back if I could, but I have a drama filming that'll take all day."

Baekhyun then smiled. "I think he's covered," he said.

He then turned away and pulled out his phone, scrolling through the contacts. Chanyeol tapped him on the shoulder. "Hyung, what're you up to?" the taller man asked.

"You guys can go ahead," he said. "I'm making arrangements right now."

Chanyeol seemed to want to interrogate Baekhyun more, but he had an air of finality, like he was going to do stuff and they should all just trust him. He threw a look back to Kyungsoo who shrugged and walked towards the door to leave. The other seven, including Chanyeol, followed his lead.

Once he saw that they were all gone, Baekhyun quickly sent a text to Eunji. 

"Are you free today?"

A minute later her reply arrived. "Yeah, I have a day off."

"Good, then I need you to meet me at that place I told you about."

"Why? Is something the matter?"

"Junmyeon-hyung's sick."

"Oh! Is it serious?"

"No, just a virus. He'll be fine with a day's rest."

"Then why are you telling me this?"

"Because we need you to take care of him for today."

He didn't get her reply at once, so he assumed she was just contemplating his proposal. He sends her another text.

"All of us have full schedules for the day and won't be back till 8. We don't want to leave him all by himself, but the earliest any one of us can return is then. I was wondering whether you wouldn't mind looking after him for a bit, just for today, maybe?"