Chapter 5

He stepped into the dorm, running a hand through his hair. When he walked in, he found his seven members in front of the TV. The screen was turned into a news channel and the caption below the anchor read "EXO's Suho and APink's Eunji dating!"

They were watching the news with wide eyes and a level of concentration he hadn't seen since the time they did a variety show and they needed to solve problems.

He stood near the doorway, arms crossed as he waited for them to acknowledge his presence.

Jongdae turned his head slightly and quickly noticed his leader standing there. This information spread like a psychic connection among the seven and they quickly adjusted themselves to face Junmyeon. Minseok quickly turned off the TV and dropped the remote somewhere in the couch.

They were scared as the Junmyeon they knew wasn't standing in front of them right now.

Despite all their teasing and harassing of their leader, he had never shown one ounce of anger. Not even when their three members left did Junmyeon get angry.

And now he was.

"All of you, go do something," he nearly growled. "I need to talk to Chanyeol."

Six idols quickly got up and pushed off, not wanting to encounter a very angry Junmyeon. They left their light haired sacrificial lamb, hoping that he'd come out fine. If not, well, the rest of them would be alive.

Chanyeol gulped. In his head, he had already started writing out a will.

Junmyeon swallowed his emotions, instead talking in a voice that was somewhat stable. "Chanyeol-ah..."

"Hyung, wait!" Chanyeol quickly yelled out, quickly getting to his feet. "Before you kill me, give me a few minutes to call my mom and tell her I love her and to write out my death will. I'll leave my money to my parents, my name to my dog and my guitar to my wife..."

"You don't have a dog or a wife..." Junmyeon pointed out.

"I could..." Chanyeol said. "If you allow me to live."

"What?" Junmyeon suddenly asked, his mind finally computing Chanyeol's panic. "Wait, wait, I'm not going to kill you."

"You're not?" Chanyeol was hopeful.

"Of course not," Junmyeon sighed.

Chanyeol's shoulders loosened up in relief. "So, I'm not going to die?"

Junmyeon shook his head. Chanyeol dropped back down on the couch, smiling and laughing slightly in relief as he ran a hand down his face. Junmyeon came over and sat down beside him, quiet.

Chanyeol looked over at him. "So, what happened?" he asked.

"Hm?"

"You didn't come back last night," Chanyeol said. "I was worried."

Junmyeon sighed. "I slept in the studio," he calmly said.

"In the studio?" Chanyeol asked, perking up slightly. Now that he looked, Junmyeon looked exhausted, dark marks under his eyes. Seemed his leader hadn't slept at all the night before. "What happened, hyung?"

"President Park from CUBE Entertainment was there," Junmyeon explained briefly. "They want to cover up your scandal by having me and Jung Eunji in a relationship."

Chanyeol's eyes widened. "You? And Jung Eunji? You're dating?"

Junmyeon weakly nodded. "Seems so."

"So that's what that report was about..." Chanyeol murmured to himself.

Junmyeon hummed in reply. "They said they'd release a statement today, but we needed to get the talks going, by being seen on the streets."