Part Two || 32 ~ (II)

Alissa sent me a strange look the whole time she entered my apartment, and even as I closed the door with my brightest smile, her stare persisted

Alissa sent me a strange look the whole time she entered my apartment, and even as I closed the door with my brightest smile, her stare persisted. I would have reacted the same way.

Alissa and I hadn't hung out one-on-one since middle school.

I actually missed spending time with her. Out of all of the girls, she was always willing to play sports with me. Hell! She was more willing to play sports with me than Kenji and Clay were. We had some good times. I smiled at the memory, making Alissa watch me more.

I finally snapped out of it and motioned to the couch. "Take a seat."

She sat down with a bored expression, and I cracked my knuckles to calm my nerves while sitting on the table in front of her. Alissa continued to stare at me. "Why am I here, Darian?"

"We have to talk about Kenji and Clay." No point beating around the bush.

She shook of her head, almost in disapproval. "Of course, we do. What're you gonna say? Tell me that Clay loves me and that I shouldn't be mad at him?"

"Hell no," I replied. "You can beat the shit out of Clay for all I care." She perked a brow. "For some reason, Honoka and Arya think it's a good idea for us to talk about what happened."

"Arya?" Alissa leaned towards me with her hands on her thighs. "If there's anyone I wanna beat the shit out of, it's that bitch."

         Well, then. I knew to keep those two away from each other.

"Why're you so mad, Alissa?" I asked, and she leaned back in the couch with her arms crossed. "Why am I so mad?" I went on, motioning to myself. "That's what they want us to figure out. So... Let's figure it out."

I was just as confused as anyone. I didn't understand why this situation brought out the worst in me. It was bizarre because I was way sexier than Clay. There was no way Kenji would leave me for him, so why was I so mad?

"I'm not mad because Clay has been physical with someone other than me," Alissa said. "Hell, in high school, I would sometimes overhear him talking about his sex life with Kenji. I'm used to it, and that's not what pisses me off." She uncrossed her arms and curled her lips into her mouth before continuing. "I'm pissed off that it's Kenji, one of our closest friends. I'm even more pissed off that he did this with a guy."

"Oh..." We stared at each other, not saying anything for a few seconds.

"You asked me a while back if I'll date a bisexual guy, and I told you I didn't know." I urged her to go on. "I meant it. I don't know if I want to date a bisexual guy."

"Clay isn't bisexual though," I said, not having to think about it. "He has some tendencies, but he's not into guys. Trust me."

My gay-dar did not go off with Clay. He was the classic case of a straight guy experimenting. Every gay man's worst nightmare if you wanted something more serious.