Part Two || 19 ~ (II)

The next day after my class, I walked into my and Honoka's apartment

The next day after my class, I walked into my and Honoka's apartment. I took off my shoes at the front, not expecting to see Alissa and Honoka sitting at the island talking. Alissa held a notebook in front of her while Honoka occasionally snuck peeks at it, sipping on her green smoothie.

        "Sup?" I announced my presence as I made my way over to them, pulling a chair out to sit. They greeted me, although Alissa's voice held more enthusiasm. "Someone seems happy."

        "You have no idea," Honoka said before drinking some of her smoothie.

        "I'm having a good day. What can I say?" Alissa defended in her honor, fingering the paper of her notebook.

        "Oh, yeah," I said. "You guys won another game, right?"

        "Sure, did," Alissa said.

        "We really need to go to one of your games." Honoka motioned between me and her, and I nodded in concurrence.

        "You should," Alissa said. "This win also motivated me to get back into designing."

        "Designing?" My head snapped to the notebook, but Alissa's hand covered the opened page.

        "Yeah." Honoka rested her glass of smoothie on a coaster. "Alissa got into fashion designing when she left for Massachusetts."

        "Since when?" I asked.

        "Since I discovered my two loves in life," Alissa said. "I'm a sports girl. Always was, always will be. But I also found out that I love fashion, too. So I figured, why not combine the two? What better way to do just that than to design sportswear?"

        Her arm shifted to the side, allowing me to catch a glimpse of the open page, which was littered with female figures in different sports' attire.

        "Wow." I was impressed. "Good for you, 'Lis." Alissa was always good at art.

        She smiled. "That's not the only reason she's happy," Honoka said. Alissa looked way. "Guess who's dating who?"

        My eyes expanded. "You and Clay are finally dating?!"

        I expected it, but I couldn't grasp the concept, as if Clay's and Alissa's relationship status was some kind of hard science course.

        Alissa nodded. "After you left that day Clay kissed me, he asked me out. I said 'no.'"

        "What?" Honoka and I shouted simultaneously.

        "I didn't want it to be a spur of the moment thing," Alissa elaborated. "Him taking that step is a big deal, so I didn't want it to only be his anger and male ego talking. I wanted him to ask me out because he wanted to. Not just to prove something."