Part One || 7 ~ (I)

I had no idea how I ended up heartbroken and girlfriend-less one minute and finding myself in an apartment full of goons, about to spend the night, the next

        Apparently the alcohol police, A.K.A Gavin, wasn't fond of Darian driving "under the influence", but he was too lazy to drop us off.

        I could definitely see why Darian stayed friends with the goons all throughout high school though. Gavin and Aaron were an entertaining pair, especially Aaron. I still wasn't over his masturbation advice. The guy was hilarious.

        Not long after Darian declared that he and I were spending the night, Aaron and Gavin headed out soon, saying they were tired and had to sleep. They made sure to leave us thick blankets and various pillows, so we could make ourselves comfortable. Gavin appeared genuinely exhausted while Aaron looked borderline drunk, so Gavin had to escort him to his room as Aaron rubbed his eyes and said goodnight to me and Darian.

        Once they were out of sight, Darian and I sat on the couch. In complete silence. For a full two minutes.

        I stared ahead at the blank TV while Darian's eyes scanned the apartment as if he hadn't seen everything multiple times already. I doubted it. Gavin and Aaron were his best friends, and he seemed to spend a lot of time with them.

        I couldn't help the pang of jealousy I felt at the thought. I should have been his best friend that he spent a lot of time with, but I had to remind myself that Gavin and Aaron stole that title from me a long time ago.

Even with my jealousy strong as fuck, I couldn't be angry at Gavin and Aaron. I hated to admit it, but they were fun to be around. They were funny and not as bad as I thought they were.

        "Did you have fun?" Darian asked when the silence became too much.

        I bit my lip as I thought about it. "I did actually. I had a blast. You guys were great distraction from the breakup."

        "I'm glad," he said, and we were silent again.

        My eyes moved to scan the apartment for the first time since I got here. There wasn't a lot of light, but I could definitely make out a couple maps. Or twenty. Damn. How many maps did they have? Costa Rica. Lithuania. Mongolia. Chile. Malawi. There were maps of countries all over the world, splattered on the apartment's walls.

         "Gavin and Aaron really like maps, don't they?" I said, turning to Darian.

        "That's all Aaron," he muttered, making my eyes widen. "He's really into collecting maps from different places all around the world. His room is worse—maps all over the place." My eyes stretched out even more if that was possible, and Darian chuckled. "My boy isn't a complete delinquent, you know."

        "I..." I didn't know what to say because I never saw Aaron for the collecting type.

        "We have interests," Darian mumbled, his eyes locked on mine.