Part One || 11 ~ (I)

Honoka was at the gym with Gavin

Honoka was at the gym with Gavin. Darian was working at Shirley Shakes. I already attended my morning classes, so did Alissa, while Clay didn't have classes today. It only made sense for them to come over to my apartment to hang out.

We'd been hanging out a lot lately. When I wasn't at school or home alone, I was either spending time with Honoka, Alissa and Clay or over at Darian's apartment.

        I smiled. The sexual favors were great, but it was nice hanging out with him, too—just like old times.

        I entered the living room with a bowl of Karamucho hot chili flavored chips, but I slowed my pace at the sight before me. Clay was aimlessly chattering while Alissa stared ahead with a blank look and her arms crossed. I knew I shouldn't have told her.

        After I talked to Clay that time, I knew Alissa wasn't going to like what he said, so I refused to tell her. I said we didn't talk about it, but Alissa wasn't stupid, and she knew I was lying. After bugging me ruthlessly, I finally gave in. Initially, it seemed like she handled it well, but ever since then, things had been different between her and Clay. She'd been more distant and started acting like the way she was acting now.

        I took a seat beside her, and I cautiously placed the bowl of chips in front of us.

        "This is an awesome episode. Right, Alissa?" Clay asked with his eyes on the screen while he grinned widely. We were watching Daredevil on Netflix.

        "Right." Her voice came out flat.

        Clay snuck a peek her way. "You okay?"

        "Perfect." Alissa's gaze remained on the screen.

        Clay frowned. "'Lis—"

        "Who wants chips?" I pushed the bowl in their direction.

        "Chips sound damn good right now." Alissa grabbed a handful of them, but Clay's eyes stuck on her, even as she munched on them. He looked to me with confusion edged on his face, but I shrugged.

        I was going to hell, man.

        That was what I got for getting involved in couple's drama. I should have minded my damn business.

        My distraction worked somewhat because the conversation ended, and we continued watching Daredevil. When Clay tried leading a new conversation, Alissa didn't contribute much, but she would add on when I said something. From his expression, I knew Clay didn't miss that little detail. We continued a whole hour of this shenanigans.

        Finally, a brunette came on the screen, and she looked a lot like someone I knew. "Dude!" Clay pointed at the brunette. "Doesn't she look like Erin?"

        That was who she reminded me of. Erin Jacobs was Clay's girlfriend sophomore year of high school. With large eyes and pouty lips and shoulder-length brown hair, the brunette on the screen was Erin's look-alike.