Part Two || 31 ~ (II)

Darian's eyes widened

Darian's eyes widened. "Arya..." He took a step towards her, but she pushed him back.

        She kept her attention on Alissa. "There's something you need to know, Alissa."

        "Arya, don't do what I think—"

        "She deserves to know, Darian," Arya said, focused on a confused Alissa.

        "What the hell are you talking about?" Alissa finally asked, and Arya shifted her gaze to me and then to Clay before returning to Alissa.

         Wait a minute...

        "I heard from Darian that you and Clay are dating?" Arya asked, and Alissa perked a brow. "Am I right?" Alissa nodded with caution. "And you and Kenji are friends again?" She nodded again, and Arya laughed. "Might wanna re-evaluate your life, girl."

        I didn't like where this was going.

        The others glanced at one another, appearing confused, but I wasn't. Darian kept his head down, avoiding my gaze, and it confirmed what I already knew.

        Clay told me about his altercation with Darian over our middle school fling. He also told me about how that was the source of their "beef." That tension between them all made sense now. It was stupid, but it gave me clarity.

        I was surprised that Darian knew and never brought it up though, but what really concerned me was Arya's sudden desire to talk to Alissa.

        Darian wouldn't tell her.

        I was going to trust him with that.

        "What's wrong with you?" Honoka finally broke the silence once Arya's laughter died down.

        Arya turned to Alissa. "You might wanna dump his ass,"—She motioned with a flick of her head to Clay—"Or cut his ass loose." She motioned to me.

        Alissa slit her eyes at her. "Why would I do that? Especially at your request?"

        "Because—" Darian grabbed Arya's arm and yanked her back.

        "Arya, stop," he said through a clenched jaw.

        She frowned. "You know. Why can't she?"

        "It's not the same," he said.

        "What makes you so special?" He didn't reply. "She's with Clay, so she should know what she's getting herself into."

        No.

        Darian wouldn't tell.

        "What the hell is going on?!" Alissa yelled, drawing all attention to her. Then she narrowed her eyes at Arya. "You need to either spit it out or get the hell out, and stop wasting our time because I'm done with your bullshit."