Thirteen

I do not own Blue Exorcist :) <3

Yukio made his way down to the dormitory kitchen, thoughts filled with his brother. He has been acting strange lately, and he couldn't help associating it with the constant shunning he has been receiving lately, even by him. Yukio knew it was wrong, but it was almost like he couldn't help it. He still placed a blame on Rin for the death of their father, even if it was a small blame, it was still there. Whenever he would see Rin's tail, his fang toothed grin, or watch his ears twitch, it just angered him ever so slightly. And he would lash out at his sibling at the most simple things.

Yukio took a deep breath, feeling horrible for his past actions against his brother. He pressed a hand against the refrigerator, trying to take his mind off of reality and focus on the chill of the metal door. Above his hand was a yellow note held to the fridge door by a magnet with the word "family" written in kanji 家族. Yukio took the note off the fridge, reading his brothers unique style of writing, of course, he didn't expect anyone else to have left the note.

Yukio,
I made your favorite for dinner, it's on the bottom shelf of the fridge, and I know how you like sake with sashimi, so I won't say anything to Mephisto if there's SOME missing from my cooking collection.
By the way, I'm sorry for being snarky to you earlier, I'll try harder.

Rin

Yukio closed his eyes, trying to keep his emotions in check. His brother was still the same, wasn't he? He had to be overthinking. He kept telling himself to try to imagine what it would be like in Rin's place, and all Yukio could think of was sadness. However, Rin was stronger than his younger twin. Always standing up for what was right, even if it meant he got hurt. Always taking the brunt of a problem, even if he got into trouble. Rin was strong. Yukio wasn't.

Yet, there had always been a side to Rin that no one saw, even their father couldn't understand. Shiro would just laugh and tell Yukio that he had a wild imagination, but when Yukio's suspicions had come true, Shiro started to believe some sort of twin psychology was happening. But not all of Rin was psychological, Shiro even mentioned it. How Rin always seemed to become gentle, caring, and almost cautious of himself when he was near his brother, treating him as if he were his whole world, a precious life. While the treatment had made Yukio happy when he was younger, it upset him as he got older, and he didn't hide it from Rin either. The fact that he was becoming an Exorcist and his brother was a demon always twisted his attitude toward his twin.

Yukio thought back to another time, when he first got his title of Exorcist.

"Oi, Yukio! Do you wanna go for a movie later? There are some new comedy releases... Why are you looking at me like that?" Rin took a step back, his breath creating a white cloud in the winter air.

"Don't talk to me, Rin." Yukio said, turning on his heels, his boots crunching the snow beneath, and he started to walk away when Rin grabbed his shoulder.

"Yukio, why ar-" Yukio had immediately turned, fist in the air, and struck his brother in the jaw. The shorter brother stumbled and slipped on a patch of ice, tumbling onto his rear. "Ow..." Rin touched his tender jaw, looking up in confusion and slight fear. "Yuk-"

"SHUT UP!" The teal eyed teen's voice echoed through the frosty air, scaring what few birds remained on the trees. The boy towered over the other, eyes piercing. "I told you not to talk to me, I don't want to speak with you. You don't have to know why. Just accept it."