Chapter 3

2 hours had passed, and after a while sitting on the train, having small chats to one another, the train had finally arrived at its destination. However, before the train would go into the station, the two quickly got off the train and avoiding security present, have managed to sneak out of the station and into the city of Vale.

"So you are not going to arrest me?" Blake asked Samael as they both walked down one of Vale's streets together

"I told you on the train" Samael said as they turned a corner "I wasn't even on a job, I was merely seeing how you fair in a fight, not to mention was I simply testing you if what you said was true or not, just that I have an issue trusting people, that's all and besides, you deserve a second chance"

Blake nodded as they both remained silent for the rest of the walk. They didn't stay quiet that long as they found themselves in front of a rather small food stall with four stools for chairs. It was an open food joint, meaning that you ate your food with the wind.

"I'm hungry,, " Samael said, glancing at Blake "Wanna eat? All on me"

Blake shrugged her shoulders in response

"Sure" she replied.

They both sat down on the stools as an old man appeared from the back of the kitchen. The old elderly m had wrinkles all over his face, and he had longer grey hair on the sides of his head but was bald on top. He kept his eyes closed at all times, and he looked rather frail, gave off the easy to take advantage of vibe to him as well. He was standing behind the counter currently, waiting for the two's order.

"I don't know what to get, I'll just get Vegetable Ramen Noodles," Samael said "And a bowl with Tuna for kitty cat here" He also added in, making a complete guess at what Blake likes. She's a cat Faunus, she has cat ears, so it's safe to say that she likes fish, just like a regular cat.

The old man was known for his quick and fast services. In a split second, he had returned from the back of the kitchen firstly with Samael's Vegetable Ramen. There was a lot of broth inside, and the broth was nice and thick, with a nice smell to it.........

Ok, that sounded so definitely wrong....moving on...

When the old man came back with Blake's Bowl, did she actually sat up properly on her seat. Her eyes were wide and she was visibly drooling, with it hanging off her mouth, a sight that Samael found amusing to see. Her eyes sparkled with joy and her stomach roared with pleasure at the food offered to her. Her ears twitched uncontrollably underneath her bow.

Smiling, Samael nodded thanks to the old man. Samael got out his wallet and taking out a roll of Lien, gave it to the old man, who nodded thanks to him. 

"Keep the change. I don't need it" He told the old man. The old man smiled, nodding thanks once again. 

"You don't need the change?" Blake asked him out of curiosity

"I have plenty, so I don't need. Besides, he needs it more than me" 

"But he owns a shop, so isn't he doing-"

"He actually owns a dust shop, and Times are hard due to the White Fang, stealing his Dust and now his profits are too low" Samael informed her

Blake's eyes widen as she processed the information. she looked between Samael and the shopkeeper.

"You bastard," She told him, her eyes narrowed as she hissed at him 

"The White Fang affect good people every time they do something. A keen example would be the old man here, hey gramps, do you sell dust to Faunus?" Samael asked him, who nodded

"I don't discriminate" The shopkeeper spoke sincerely, and Blake felt bad.

"Every action we do, every action we make, has a consequence" Samael spoke soflty "Because od the White Fang, this old man now has to work harder than he used to in orde to make up what he has lost"

Blake looked down at her food, a look of regret and guilt in them.

This kind old man was forced to work two jobs, possibly more, just so that he could make up for profit loss brought about by the White Fang and their thefts.

Blake sat down for a moment, her bowl half finished, and Samael looked at the way she was staring at the fish. Suddenly, while she could eat more, she felt... bad that she was even eating the food in front of her. She was eating visible, tangible proof of the horrors the White Fang was commiting, and Samael had known what he had done when he was showing this to her.

"Everyone deserves a second chance" Samael began "Some, like you truly do, but for some, they don't. This is why I go after criminals like the White Fang, because their actions are unforgivable. They make people, who never did anything wrong, suffer for their pain. Good people suffer, and sometimes even die, because of a group of fools think they are in the right, and can force their pain on others... some of the White Fang are doing it simply because they hate humans"

"... I can't defend their actions anymore, this is a lot to accept." Blake said. Samael talking was one thing, but him showing her visible proof of what she had caused was a whole different thing. She understood why he wanted to put her in jail now, because her actions really did hurt a lot of people who she didn't mean to hurt. She didn't mean for her actions to hurt the innocent, that was one of the reasons she wanted to leave the White Fang.

The White Fang, as long as they're around will continue to hurt people, and this will result in fear, and fear, leads down to other things; discrimination, hurt, hatred, you know the rest" Said Samael "well I mostly blame them since they're the ones that caused it first" He then ranted on

Blake nodded as she wiped the few tears that were coming from her eyes. She is coming to grips now of things. The White Fang, as much as it was apart of her life, could no longer come to grips with an organization that had fallen so low. Which is why, she will use her strength and abilities to defend those that can't protect themselves from those like the White Fang. She now determined to make a good difference, instead of furthering hatred like she had been doing before.

Samael smiled soflty seeing the determined look on her face

"Guess she gets it" Samael said in his head. While she was preoccupied with her thoughts, Samael silently slid off his stool as he nodded thanks again to the old man for the food, before disappearing in a cloud of black mist.

"I'm think I'm done eating" Blake said as she stood up from her seat, not before she was given a two slips of papr from the old man. 

Dear Blake

Srry I left ya soon, but I have errands to do, anyways, the other piece of paper is a forgery application to Beacon. Let this be the first step in making amends for the sins that you've commited

Samael

P.s: I've already paid for the meal, well you already know that part

P.s.s: With this, should be a key to my Apartment for you to stay in the meantime till the start of the school year. I don't use it that much so don't expect anything to be there

Apartment should be at 66 Morrison's Avenue

P.s.s.s: I want my apartment key back aftwerwards. I'm serious

Blake smiled to herself as she read that. She looked at the other piece of paper to see that it is actually a forgery for her to Beacon and attached to the application, is a small envelope. Opening it, Blake found it was the apartment key that Samael had mentioned. Pocketing the key, and giving a thanks to the old man she then began her trek to Samael's apartment.

After all, she did tried to hijack a train, followed by fighting Samael, and it is getting dark soon, so she should get some deserved rest in the meantime.

End

Next Chapter: The Hidden War