Chapter 7: Back In The Field

At Darkmount, to say the leader of the Decepticons was in a bad mood would be the understatement of the century. Starscream was standing on the observation deck of Darkmount, looking out at the night sky and relishing in the brief vacuum of silence. His Spark was weighed down heavily by the loss of his communications chief and spymaster. How could he, the mighty and powerful Lord Starscream, have lost his most powerful asset of the Decepticons? His processor struggled to understand the many different aspects of the situation.

"WHERE IS SOUNDWAVE?!" Starscream roared out, his yell echoing out for miles around.

"I think I know where Soundwave might have gone, Lord Starscream." The Decepticon leader turned to see Hardshell walking up to him. The Insecticon Hive leader had been rescued by his fellow Insecticons from under the steel container. The only damage he had sustained was some dents on his armour, whilst he gained a few little scratches.

"Oh? And do tell, Hardshell." Starscream sneered. He never liked Hardshell since he and his Insecticons had joined up with the Decepticon ranks.

"I believe Soundwave has now aligned himself with the Autobots." Hardshell gave his answer.

Starscream's face scowled even more than before, and ever so suddenly, he grabbed Hardshell by the throat, and he then threw the Insecticon over the edge of Darkmount's observation deck. Hardshell yelled out as he fell, but he fortunately transformed into his beetle form. Once he opened his wings, he flew off back to the Hive, whilst Starscream snarled in anger, his teeth gnashing against one another.

"CURSE YOU, SOUNDWAVE!!!!" Starscream yelled out loudly and angrily.

~*~*~

It was late morning and everyone was present inside the command centre of the Autobot base

It was late morning and everyone was present inside the command centre of the Autobot base. Braedimus, Daphne, and Elita had just got finished sparing together in the SAFE. Fighting helped keep Elita's skills refined. Blades, Fred, along with Clara returned from a much needed flight whilst Arcee, Striker, Striker Jr, and Bumblebee had arrived back from a recon mission. Megatron Prime was getting his systems checked over, just to be safe.

"Man. Things never change for us, but they do improve for the better." Striker Jr commented, as she was stretching her limbs out after the recon mission.

"Any word from Optimus, Ratchet?" Braedimus asked Ratchet.

"Not as of now." Ratchet replied, and pinpointed the Autobot leader's location. The scanners indicated that Optimus was in the Southwest of Panama, nearby the border of Panama and Colombia. "He's been out for a few cycles."