Chapter 8: A New Enemy Amongst Us

It was an early afternoon at Autobot Outpost. Team Human Autobots had just finished training in the SAFE, and Mystery Inc. were relaxing in the human centre. Ratchet was, as always, standing by the computer terminal, typing away at whatever he was working on, whilst Soundwave was making some modifications to the Groundbridge with Heatwave. Team Next 'Gen 'Bots were sitting by the human computers, Jacinta working on a recent class assignment whilst Sam and Lucinda played video games.

Lucinda was in the process of beating Sam again at their racing game...until a loud voice boomed over the intercom.

"PRIME! Are you there?"

The trio cringed from Fowler's yell. The others turned to see Optimus, Braedimus and Megatron Prime, along with Blades and Arcee stepping into the command centre.

"Special Agent Fowler, what seems to the situation?" Braedimus asked first.

"It was the 'Cons!" Fowler explained. "I chased them off with some hard ordinance but not before they blew me out of the sky."

The Next 'Gen 'Bots abandoned their games and walked over to the get a better view of the monitor, where a live video feed of Fowler was being broadcasted. He appeared to be in the cockpit of a fighter jet.

 He appeared to be in the cockpit of a fighter jet

"They tried to make a smash and grab for the D..N.G.S."

"The what'sit, Agent Fowler?" Blades asked, raising an optic brow.

"Yeah. You've lost me." Arcee agreed.

The African-American agent sighed, before he explained. "Dynamic Nuclear Generation System, AKA the D.N.G.S." Fowler pressed a button which brought up a video feed of the D.N.G.S in the cargo bay of Fowler's jet. The device was shaped like a large metal cube with a door on the side, and was strapped down to prevent it from moving. "It's a prototype energy source that I was delivering to the coast for testing."

Ratchet snorted. "That's absurd. Why would Starscream bother with such primitive technology?"

Mystery Inc. couldn't help but roll their eyes at Ratchet's statement. Even though it was true Earth technology was primitive compared to Cybertronian.

"I'm guessing to make a big bad primitive weapon of mass destruction!" Fowler retorted. "If this baby were to meltdown, it would irradiate this state and the four next door."