◆ Chapter 23

Michael

"Dad, hey Dad!" King was tryna get a hold of my attention as I was scrolling down my Twitter feed, responding to some fans questions about my life, how it was and how it is now.

"Wassup lil man?" I picked him up and sat him down on the couch next to me.

"I have a question."

"What is it?"

"When is Janelle gunna be my mommy?"

I laughed, Where the hell was this coming from? "Isn't she already your mommy? You call her that all the time."

"No I mean forreal, like really really my mommy."

"Iunno King, before she can be your mommy, she has to be my wife."

"Why isn't she your wife then?"

"I didn't ask her yet."

"Why?"

"Iunno if she wants to be married to me."

"Why not? She's here all the time and she says that she loves you and you love her right?"

"Of course I do."

"Exactly and I love her the most so why would she not wanna be married and be here and live with us and be my mommy?"

"It ain't that easy K."

He scoffed. "Dad, stop making excuses."

"You only five years old youngin, what you know about excuses?"

"I know that you too old to be making that many. You acting like a punk."

"I know you didn't just call your pops a punk."

"I did, what chu gon do about it?"

"I'm gon marry Janelle so you can stop talking smack lil' nigga."

He jumped up on his feet and smiled, "Really?!"

"Yeah, I've been thinking about it for a minute and if you think it's time, maybe it is time."

"It is." King smiled at me and I chuckled. "What chu smiling so hard for? Janelle put you up to this or something?"

"Nah. I'm just happy."

I mushed his head, "I'm glad you are. But now that we've decided to do this, we gotta come up with a plan."

"What chu mean?"

"You know how special Janelle is right? Well we gotta come up with a plan on how I could ask her."

"Oh forreal? Don't worry about that! I came up with so many, lemme tell you man." I laughed as my son made me crouch down, whispering in my ear acting like we weren't the only two in the house. Surprisingly, he had some pretty good ideas. After finally choosing which route to go with I stuck my hand out and he jumped up, slapping it.

"Now we gotta tell everyone else the plan, this gotta be perfect King."

"Don't worry about it Dad, I got this." He stuck out his hand and I placed my phone in it. He immediately got to work calling everyone we needed.

I just sat back and watched him do his thing. My son was really too smart for his own good, but that was that shit that made me proud too. He motivated me to ask the woman I love to marry me and hopefully by her saying yes, were can finally be the complete family that I have  always wanted.

$$$

short, sweet and to the point! 

how do you think Janelle is going to be asked?
if it was up to you, how would you ask?
how do you think she's gunna respond?
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW!

p.s., only about 5 chapters left & then dassit (: