♦ Chapter 8

Lmfao ya'll really hate Kendra, huh ?

$$$

Janelle 

I woke up on my bed feeling terrible with my all of my clothes still intact but with a killer headache. I groaned then stumbled out of my bed and into the bathroom where I removed my clothes and drew a bath. Once the tub was full, I got in and tried to relax. I couldn't control my thoughts as I lied there: What am I doing here? What did I think was going to happen? Why did yesterday go down like it did? I mean I get it, I did something bad, I left Michael while I ran off to NY to escape my pain. Maybe I shouldn't have gone about the situation that way but you can't really blame me, I obviously wasn't in the greatest state of mind. I feel like everyone blames me for our breakup but the miscarriage was only part of the problem. No one takes into consideration all that crazy shit that went down on his tour--mainly because even when I couldn't be with him, I didn't want his reputation to be ruined so no one else knows besides me, him and I guess Stephanie. I feel as if I'm beating myself up over this shit when it happened almost a year ago and I don't know why. I know we both moved on, I mean I definitely still have feelings for him but maybe he doesn't for me... I mean look at how he let that stupid ass bitch treat me yesterday. I hate feeling like this, I hate being unsure. This is why I'm not one for relationships, people fuck with your emotions all the time. Michael's fucking with mine, I'm unintentionally fucking with Nico's because I'm still not over Michael. I hate this uncertainty. I hate being so emotional. I wish there was a fucking reset button so I could avoid all of this.

"Janelle?"

I whipped my head towards the bathroom door and saw Chelsea standing there with a concerned look on her face.

"Oh hey Chels... I didn't know you were here."

"Yeah I just got here... She came into the bathroom and looked at me, "Janelle are you crying?"

"Uh no?" I felt on my face and sure enough, I was.

"Yes you are... Janelle what's the matter?"

"Nothing Chelsea, it's seriously nothing."

"Well alright..." She flipped the toilet seat closed and sat down on it. "What happened to you yesterday? Chris and I were looking for you and when I called your phone, you weren't answering."

I sighed and told her everything that happened at the party yesterday.

"You're kidding me, right?" She looked astonished.

"I wish I was."

"Wow... I only met that Kendra girl once and I didn't like the vibe I was getting from her."

"Yeah, she's rude as fuck." I shook my head as I got out of the tub and grabbed a towel. I wrapped it around me and pulled the drain to the tub.

"Is that why you're upset?"

"I guess..." I rung out my hair over the tub. "I knew I shouldn't have gone... I should've just not come here at all and stayed my ass in New York."

"No you shouldn't have! Janelle, I missed your ass so much. I'm so happy you came here. If Ty wants to act like Kendra's bitch, let him. Don't worry about him for now. I know I'd love to see ya'll together again but maybe it's just not the right time. Worry about you and forget about him for now, okay?"

"Yeah, you're right."

She grinned, "I know I am... Have you talked to your man today?"

"No actually... I guess I should call him."

"Yeah, go do it now."

I nodded then headed into my bedroom where I disconnected my phone from the charger. I unlocked my phone and saw that I had two messages.