♦ Chapter 12

Last short chapter for a while (;

$$$

Janelle 

I was sitting at my desk, responding to a customer's email when Quincy knocked and entered my office.

"Hey Q." I said.

"Hey Nelle, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Yeah sure, what's up?"

He closed the door behind him and then sat in one of my office chairs.

"I got a job interview..."

I frowned at him, half-jokingly, "So you're leaving me?"

"I don't know about all that, it's just an interview." He smirked.

"For where?"

"True Religion, as a designer."

"OH MY GOD REALLY?!" I cheered for him.

"Yeah so I gotta fly out to LA for a few days to go to the interview."

"Alright, that's fine."

"Yeah I guess." He said half-hazardly.

"What's the matter?"

"I mean even if I get the job, I probably wont take it."

"What? Are you crazy? Why wouldn't you take it?!"

"It's an internship interview so even if I got the job, I'd still have to search for a job to support Michelle and I and finding a job in this economy is like trying to find a teardrop in the ocean--impossible."

I laughed at his comparison and said, "I think you should still do it... It's a great opportunity and anyone would be lucky to hire you Q."

"Yeah, you're right, I am a pretty amazing nigga." He wiped the imaginary dust off his shoulder then looked at his watch, "But right now, I gotta go pick up Chelle." He stood up.

"Iight, I'll see you on Monday. Tell Little Ms. Cutie I said hi."

"Alright, Janelle, I'll see you." He nodded at me then exited the office. Since it was closing time, I shut down my computer and pack all of my stuff up. I promptly shut off all the lights in the store and locked up then headed to my car en route to Nico's house. He was cooking me dinner tonight and I could really go for a home-cooked meal. When I got there, I knocked on his door and he opened it moments later and had an unreadable look on his face.

"Hey baby." I smiled and kissed him soflty.

"Hey Nelle, come in." I entered his house and took off my jacket and shoes then grabbed the bottle of wine I had in my bag and walked into the living room where he had everything already set up. He looked at my hand and asked, "What's this?"

"I picked this up because I wasn't sure if you had any." I handed the bottle to him and he looked at it.

"Oh, alright." He set it down on the table and didn't say anything else. Something is off... Something is going on...

"Nico... is everything okay?"

He sighed and looked at me, "Janelle we need to talk."

Nico

"What's going on..?" Janelle asked me, looking at me worriedly.

"Look, I know this is gunna sould crazy but I think we should break up."

"What?" She suddenly became emotional and started crying.

"I know this is coming out of nowhere but you've been gettin' fucked up so much lately and you're getting out of control."

"Nico, no. I'll stop drinking just please, don't leave me." It was hard as fuck for me to see her beg but this needed to be done.

"Janelle, I know you don't wanna talk to me about certain things but ever since we came back from LA, you've been drinking like crazy and I think it's because of Tyga."

She didn't say anything, she just started hyperventilating so I took her hand in mine and started rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb. "You don't have to say anything Nelle, I know you still have feelings for him or else you wouldn't be acting like this."

"B-but I love you Nico, I don't wanna lose you."

I tried to wipe her tears but they kept coming, "I love you too Janelle... More than anything and even though you might love me, you're still in love with ol' dude and that's okay... It's understandable."

"What am I supposed to do? I have strong feelings for two guys, I just wanna be happy but if I lose one, I'm not going to be totally happy with another."

"Even though it's killing me to say this, go after him."

She shook her head, "He has a girlfriend, he's moved on."

"I saw the way he was looking at you, he ain't moved from nothing."

"Nico why are you doing this... Why are you telling me to go to him?"

I caressed her head in my hands and said, "Even though you're my girl Janelle, you're my best friend too. I know I can make you happy but you belong with him. Ya'll have been through so much and I wouldn't want to be the one to get in the way of what you really need, who you really belong with. Ya'll got some unfinished business and you should really see what's what before you give up on him."

She shook her head and looked at me, "You're such a good person Nico. I'm gunna miss you."

I pressed my lips to hers one last time, feeling her hot tears fall on both of our cheeks and said, "You ain't gotta say all of that Janelle. You're still my best friend and with whatever you decide to do, I'll always be here for you. Always."

$$$

:/ This was a bittersweet chapter for me to write... Got me a little emotional lol. What do ya'll think? Write your comments below & don't forget to vote!

Thank you for reading, I'll try to update soon ♥

xo