You are my heart

The morning of the wedding dawned clear. Emma woke up alone, and found a note on Prince's pillow in his beautiful handwriting. It read,

Dear Emma,

I can't wait to see you in your white veil, walking up the aisle.

I have waited my whole life for you, and it was so worth the wait, though if someone had told me that while i was waiting, I wouldn't have believed them.

Celebrating the gift of us today and claiming you as my wife gives me so much joy.

I promise to stay where I'm supposed to during the ceremony, so I have more time to take in your beauty.

You are my heart, and you have my heart. I love you, Emma, the answer to my prayers.

May today become our fondest memory.

Your husband-to-be

P.S.-I can't wait for our honeymoon to continue. Are you blushing? I hope so!

Everyone was thankful for the beautiful weather. The team came in and completed turning the grassy outdoor area under the palm trees into a wedding venue. Rows of white chairs were put in place, with floral arrangements wrapped in sheet music and tied with sheer lilac and turquoise ribbon at the ends. Beautiful floral arrangements flanked an area front and center, and an altar space was created with tall pillars wrapped in tulle and connected with long swags of roses and orchids. A pathway of orchids ran between the rows of seats.

Upstairs, Emma, her daughters, Randee, Tyka and Damaris were all together getting ready. Kim and a local makeup artist she had worked with before were there to help everyone get glammed up.

Prince called through the door. 'I love you Emma!'

'I love you, too, babe!'

'Kim, I'll be fine on my own for this one day.'

Kim retorted, 'I'll be checking on you anyway. You've been getting too heavy with that eyebrow pencil!'

Prince just snorted as everyone else giggled. Kim, Damaris, and Marie the makeup artist enjoyed getting to spend time with Emma's family, and there was lots of laughter.

Later on, the door cracked open again, and Prince called in, 'No fair! I'm missing all the fun!' Emma called back, 'It's just 4 hours, darlin'. We have years of fun to come!'

Damaris volunteered, 'I'll go hang with Uncle P, so he won't feel left out.'

Once hair and makeup was done, Kim and Cathy opened the garment bag containing Emma's wedding dress. It was a beautiful column of lace that flared toward the bottom, with a strapless underdress in an icy orchid shade of silk. Its sleeveless silhouette gave it the beachy feel to fit the venue, while the fabrics and embroidery reflected Emma's restrained elegance.

 Its sleeveless silhouette gave it the beachy feel to fit the venue, while the fabrics and embroidery reflected Emma's restrained elegance