*25*

The final performances of August went the same way the ones in the Netherlands had. The rock oriented shows were extremely high energy, and filled with the joy Prince brought to all his performances. Emma enjoyed it all immensely, and found herself helping the crew with small organizational details, which made her feel useful rather than someone who was getting in the way.

'Babe, I don't want to leave you, but-' Emma began.

'Shhh, don't be stressing, mama. I'm going to see you in seven days. You're only missing one concert, and it's all good. I'm gonna miss you like crazy, but I know you have to get some things done in Atlanta before you are mine forever,' Prince replied.

He pulled her in for a hug and kiss in the hotel suite they had shared in New York for his two performances there.

'Besides, we'll be on the phone day and night. We can even FaceTime or Skype.'

'That's a big step up from just talking on the phone. You sure know how to spoil a girl!' Emma said.

'Mama, I just got started. Wait and see,' Prince stated with finality, pulling Emma into a hug and letting his hands roam without the possibility of discovery by the almost rabid New York paparazzi. They went down another back elevator to a waiting limo.

Once they reached the airport and shared a final tender goodbye kiss, Emma was taken to a check in area by Kirk.

'Kirk,' Emma said, as they waited in line, 'I want you to know how much I appreciate everything you've done the last couple of months. You've taken on a lot of tasks I'm used to doing myself, and it made me feel very spoiled.'

'Emma, I'm just doing my job. I've been taking care of Prince one way or another for years, and it's my privilege to include you in that job now. I've told you before, I've never seen him this happy. Maybe part of it is a result of him finally growing up, but I'm sure you are the main reason for that.'

'Well, you do an excellent job, and I'm so thankful you keep Prince safe. He is my world now, and I want to be with him for a long time.' Emma reached up and gave Kirk a hug and kiss on the cheek as they walked up to the gate agent. He smiled his thanks, and stood behind her as arrangements were confirmed, continuing his assignment of taking care of the woman Prince loved more than anything else.

After the gate agent read the information on the computer screen, she made sure Emma was personally escorted to a private lounge to wait for her flight. She still had a little anonymity, and was able to fly home incognito and unmolested. Of course, Prince insisted on pre-boarding and first class seating for his sweetheart.

The next day, Prince's iPad rang, which surprised him. His was new, too, and he'd never heard it ring. He opened the FaceTime app, and there was Emma's beautiful face.

'Prince Rogers Nelson, you are a mess!' Emma began, laughing while she spoke.

'Oops, what have I done this time?' Prince smirked in response.

'I just got off the phone with the event planner you recommended, and they told me you'd already called them and given them detailed plans for our wedding. I love your ideas! They do seem a little grand, but I trust that you know the place you've decided on better than I do. You havent even told me where were going yet, so I have to trust you. Do you have any idea how hard that is for a bride?' Emma huffed a deep breath, blowing her bangs up from her forehead as a result.

Prince laughed out loud. 'Mama, you know you can change anything you want. I just had a vision in my mind, and I knew these were the folks who could make it happen. Have you asked your preacher friend yet?'

'No, that's my next phone call, but I missed your face, and I hoped you'd be awake by this time of day.'

'I miss you more, I promise. Six more days, and you're right back here in my arms-'