Blissed Out

She opened the folder, and the top document was titled 'Read me first'.

She opened the document and found it only had one sentence. 'Check the top left desk drawer-read the letter.'

She opened the top left drawer, and found a business envelope with her name written in his distinctive, beautiful flowing script. Under her name, he had written, Love of my Life.

She opened the envelope, and found several sheets of paper. On top of the stack was a letter in Prince's beautiful handwriting. Through tears and shuddering sobs, Emma read:

My dearest love,

If you are reading this, I have passed on. Please believe this was never my desire, as being apart from you causes me so much pain. I'm not sure I'll want to go all the way to Heaven if it means being apart from you, but you and I both believe that God knows what is best, so we will have to see.

No man could have ever asked for a better wife. You filled my every day with joy, even when we weren't in the same room. Just knowing you were near and you were mine was enough for me. Thank you for making spending each day with me a priority. Your body, your mind, and your soul were a perfect fit for me, and God in his great mercy let us have the amount of time he felt was right for us both. I was never as happy in my life as the time we spent together. Try not to be too angry at God for taking me first. I hope I made you half as happy as you made me, because I was blissed out all the time. Never doubt what we had. It was remarkable.

Behind this letter there are documents that you are going to need. After I got my master recordings back, I was able to complete getting all the songs I ever composed and copyrighted into a private LLC and then a trust. I'm sure you remember that. You are now the sole manager and shareholder in this LLC. I've included a list of more album ideas I always wanted to create, compilations that I think will sell well in the flurry of news after I leave you. The income from these songs, however you choose to use them in the future, should keep our plans going. Those plans are outlined on the pages behind this letter, so others will know what you and I have talked about and acted on all these years. The studios can continue as a museum and school, as we planned. With those pieces in place, only a very simple will is necessary, since, as my wife, you are the only one to inherit my earthly belongings.

The last thing you need to know is that there are Trusts in place for you, the girls, the grandchildren, Kirk, Tyka, and Omarr. Emma, you are now a very wealthy woman. These trusts won't have to go through Probate, so you will have income while what they will call my estate is settled. If it is possible, try hard to keep the house in Minnesota and the house in the Caribbean, along with the studios, of course. Those three places were my favorite places to be with you. I hope you feel my love when you are in those rooms. Know that my spirit will do as much as I am allowed to bring you happiness in the future.

Contact my friend T and our lawyer, whose name is on the documents you are holding, after you contact family. Let them take it from there. Please don't have a disaster of a televised mess for a memorial for me. Something simple and private will bring you and my family, Marti, Mya, their wonderful husbands, and those precious grandboys more peace, and that is all I desire for you. My fans may disagree, but your comfort and peace is my highest priority on any earthly or heavenly plane.

Don't feel that you need to become the face of my estate if you don't want to be. One of my friends or my sister or our lawyer can do that. You'll know what suits you best.

Finally, I finished most of what I'd like my memoirs to be. ( I know, you thought it would never happen. Surprise!) They aren't in written form. I ended up recording them in the studio, talking as if I was telling you everything I ever wanted you to know while I played around on the piano or guitar. There are recordings labeled Emma, and recordings labeled memoirs. I would assume a final copy of published memoirs combined with audio copies of what I recorded will sell well. The ones labeled Emma are for your ears alone.

Emma, I hate time, because we run out of it on this earth, and that means you and I aren't together. The thought of leaving you causes me greater pain than any bone or muscle in my body. The knowledge of the love we have shared brings me more joy even than music itself. We are entwined, you and I, heart and soul, and I doubt very much that I will be apart from you forever.

If it is possible, I will find Gene in heaven, and thank him for sharing you with me. I hope I am able to be as generous. If you remember, I told you in Switzerland that I couldn't imagine someone as wonderful as you spending the next 30 years alone. I still mean that. If you find someone who touches your heart and soul, don't hesitate to cling to him with both hands. You are a wonderfully loving woman, Emma. That love should be shared. You deserve to be loved as well as you love others. I hope I was successful at that while we were together. I look forward to your joining me in the presence of our Heavenly Father.

I will love you now and forever,

Prince

Your true love

Emma put the letter down on the desk, put her head on her hands, and sobbed her heart out. When the tears ended, she began calling family, Prince's band mates from his last concerts, and the friend and lawyer listed in the letter. Those phone calls were brief and exhausting, but necessary.

Then she went to the closet, pulled out a sweater of Prince's and put it on, inhaling his special scent that gave her such peace. Essence of Prince. Having done that, she crawled back into their bed and crashed, clutching Prince's pillow like a lifeline. Paisley the cat padded into the bedroom and curled up next to her, doing the only thing she knew how to try and help her grieving human.

A/N-Thanks for reading, for voting, and for commenting!