*9*

'Later, you'll see why waiting was worth it!'

Emma whispered her reply, 'Waiting is hard.' Prince went on to say, 'You'll find out just how hard,' while gently sucking her earlobe into his mouth. He thoroughly enjoyed her trembling response to his actions, moving back to her mouth to mute any sounds he might have caused. He pulled away as he heard the elevator door open, enjoying the flustered look on Emma's face as she tried to regain her composure.

The employee placed the meal tag had been ordered on the table and left almost as quickly as they had entered. 'Well, you're certainly good at waking me up!' she said. 'I could get used to that.'

'Mmmm,' said Prince, thinking, 'I hope we do'. 'Let's have a bite and get ready to leave for the venue. Tonight will be a great show!'

'You know, I'll bet you always say that, and it's always true,' Emma replied.

'Oh, I forgot. Here are the earrings we purchased today. You left the bag in the car,' Prince said, opening two small velvet boxes containing the earrings they'd picked out while in town.

 You left the bag in the car,' Prince said, opening two small velvet boxes containing the earrings they'd picked out while in town

'So beautiful,' Emma said

'So beautiful,' Emma said. 'Your choice of clothing for me tonight works with the aquamarine set perfectly. You play a long game, Mr. Nelson!'
Prince interrupted. 'I'm not Mr. Nelson. Just call me Prince, that will be fine.'

'All right,' she replied with a shrug. He sure is a man who knows exactly what he wants, and isn't afraid to say it! She went to a mirror to put on the sparkling earrings, admiring them and the amazing makeover simultaneously. 'Thank you for the treat of the spa experience this afternoon. Your team has wonderful skills, and I loved every minute of it!' She turned back to Prince, with a beautiful relaxed smile.

'I'm so glad you enjoyed it. They're great gals, and I agree, they have strong skills, but you don't look any more beautiful to me than you did this morning. There's something about you, Emma. You really are a true example of loveliness.'

There's something else,' Prince continued. 'The after party?' she quipped. 'Yes,' he smiled shaking his head, 'but that's not what I'm referring to. I noticed that your left hand looked pretty bare today,' Prince said more quietly, stepping closer to her.