*8*

'Thank you for a lovely lunch in an amazing setting. I really appreciate how thoughtful that was. And I don't know how to begin to thank you for all the purchases you made for me today. I'm definitely not used to that kind of shopping! You and I definitely live in different worlds,' Emma said.

'Thanks for the kind words, mama. I enjoyed every minute of it. And you don't owe me anything but thanks. I'm not trying to buy your affections, but I do love dressing beautiful women.'

As he was speaking, Prince thought, 'I forgot how nice it is to actually be thanked by someone for doing something. Most people just take everything I do or give to them for granted and never express any gratitude. I have to get her past this whole 'different world' thing, though. I don't want the small extravagances of my life to make her uncomfortable with me.'

'Beautiful, huh? Thanks for that compliment you snuck in there. I will admit, the more attention you pay to me, the more beautiful I feel,' Emma replied, feeling like she needed to break the silence that fell. Prince had looked very thoughtful for a minute there.

'I have a soundcheck in an hour. Would you mind not coming this time? There are some things I need to change about tonight's setlist and you, beautiful as you are, would be a strong distraction.' Prince threw in that word again to see if she'd notice.

Smirking, Emma said, 'I see what you did there! I don't mind at all! The last thing I want to do is cause any problems during your rehearsal or your performance.'

'Okay, I'm going to ask my hairstylist and makeup artist to come by and give you 'the treatment'- Prince made parentheses with his fingers- 'before tonight's concert. If you don't mind, wear the tunic we picked out today with those over the knee boots.' Emma smiled at how particular Prince was being regarding how she looked, but she realized that she wasn't in her element, so she decided to trust him.

'Sounds good. I just don't want to look like I'm trying to look younger than I am. That always comes off as a little desperate.' she replied.

'Trust me, mama. I promise not to make you an object of ridicule. Far from it. Wait and see,' Prince smiled at her with utter confidence. She couldn't help but believe him. He went on to say, 'Stay near a phone. My assistant will be calling from time to time with instructions for the rest of the afternoon. I should be back at the hotel around 7, and we can have a light meal together before we go to the concert venue.'

'His assistant would be calling-now that sounds a little weird,' Emma thought, 'but hey, it's all part of the experience.' 'I promise to follow directions,' she said, a little apprehensively.

'Just don't get in a hurry,' Prince replied. 'It's so much better when you take it easy.'

'It's so much better when we take our time,' she replied, quoting the next line from 'Slow Love'.

'Hmmm, can't get anything past you,' he smirked. The car pulled up to the hotel. Prince handed Emma a keycard. 'Get into an elevator alone, and put the keycard in the slot. Then punch PH. That will get you where you want to go, and where I want to find you.' Prince's voice dropped almost an octave, making his final words for Emma's ears alone. As he was speaking, he ran his fingertips up the inside of one arm, causing the most delicious shivers all over her. Prince loved seeing how responsive Emma was to any touching he did. Seeing that did make it hard to leave her, but music was calling, and it always came first.

Emma almost floated out of the car toward the hotel lobby, looking back to see Prince's car drive away. A bellhop collected the multiple bags from their shopping spree and followed her to the elevator. In short order, she was back in the penthouse, which was still a little otherworldly to her. She found a glass, and poured herself a glass of tap water. 'Mom always said it was an adventure to try the tap water in every new place you went,' Emma thought. Today, it made things seem a little more normal.