*23*

The next morning, all of Emma's insecurities about their relationship came to the forefront. She woke up first, which was rare, and took a long look at her sleeping fiancé, and then at the remarkable ring on her finger. She still didn't get why she, a middle-aged widow, would be attractive to an international superstar, much less engaged to him. It didn't make sense to her, though she was head over heels in love with him. While she was musing about this situation, she realized he was staring at her.

"Good morning, beautiful!" Prince stretched and put his arm around Emma, smoothing the furrows in her forehead with his other hand. "What could possibly be bothering you this perfect day?"

"I'm still finding it hard to believe that I am who you want in your life," Emma confessed, looking away from Prince in embarrassment.

Prince gently turned her face toward his, cupping the side of her face with his hand. Speaking softly and tenderly, he reassured the love of his life.

'You know, this insecurity thing of yours is starting to frustrate me. Have you considered my feelings when those thoughts come into your head? Because to me, it feels like you're questioning my taste or my honesty. My heart knows what it wants. It has never pulled me to anyone this strongly. So, if you can't trust yourself, trust ME. I KNOW this is right, deep in my bones I KNOW. I think I've known since our first night in Montreux. So do you, if you'll just believe your heart.'

'I do trust you, so I'll work harder at believing. The last thing I want to do is lose you.'

'And the last thing I want to do is lose you. So we're even on that score. Have you taken this off yet?' He asked, moving the engagement ring around on her finger.

'No, not yet,' came her answer as she admired the ring he chose.

'There's a surprise inside the ring. Here, let me show you.' He carefully removed the ring from her finger, and turned it upside down.

' He carefully removed the ring from her finger, and turned it upside down

'In case you ever doubt what we have, look at this secret stone. It's there to remind you that you're mine, and that I love you with all my heart. Never doubt that.' He slid the ring back on her finger, kissed her hand, and sat up. 'I think it's time for a shower. Coming?' Prince gave Emma a devilish grin.

'Yes, sir.' Emma mentally shook her head, amazed once again at his expertise at details. Then she got up and followed her fiance to the shower. Prince had the best shower skills.

The large, steamy shower was soon filled with intense sounds. Moans, keening, and the sound of wet skin slapping at wet skin were an overwhelming aphrodisiac. As they were drying each other off later, Emma and Prince began laughing as they noticed tile prints on each others' knees. And Emma's back.

'You never disappoint,' Emma smirked up at Prince while bent over, wrapping her hair in a towel.

'I'm very inspired today. I've got me my woman!' Prince growled, as he tore the towel off her head and carried her back to the bed.