*17*

The next day began like the previous three days-'Was it really only three?' Hmmm. We met on Saturday night, I attended his performances on Sunday and Monday, Tuesday we spent lounging and packing. Yeah, only three days-and four nights-can't forget the nights-won't ever forget the nights.'

In many ways, it felt like she had always been part of this world. Her heart was becoming strongly entwined with his. She hoped he felt the same, but knew she felt things quickly and deeply. She had always trusted her heart, and hadn't ever felt she had been led astray, even when others had questioned her judgement.

After breakfast, Prince said, 'We need to be ready to go by 1 p.m. Let me know when your luggage is ready, and I'll call down and have a bellhop come collect things.'

Emma did some last minute organizing, let Prince know she was ready, and had a seat on the sofa with her handbag and e-reader, set to do a little reading while she waited. The next thing she knew, Prince came vaulting over the sofa next to her. 'Ready?' he asked, as excited as a kid on Christmas.

'Yes, sir,' she replied, grinning at his excitement.

'Sir, now that's nice. You can say that more often,' Prince smirked.

'Okay, cabbage head, let's get going!' Emma said, standing up.

'Oh, it's on, now, mama. You done brought it on yourself!' Prince stood up, grabbed her hand, handed her the beautiful new handbag she was carrying, and led the way to the service elevator. 'You are going to be so sorry you ever called me that!'

'I don't think so,' she retorted, laughing at how silly they were being. 'I've been watching that handsome head of yours grow the last few days. You think it will fit in the car?'

'Yeah, hopefully there'll be room for you, too,' he said, pulling her into the elevator and a strong embrace as the doors closed. When the elevator reached the main floor, the doors opened behind them, into a loading area.

'I got the word that there are a few press outside hoping for a photo, so we're taking the scenic route. It doesn't always work, but we'll give it a shot,' Prince said.

'Let's do it.' Once again, Emma's hand was taken in his, and he led the way with confidence. It reminded her that he'd been dealing with this since at least 1982, when his album 1999 made it big, and Little Red Corvette started getting regular airplay on MTV. Thirty-one years of playing cat and mouse with the press seemed like a big price to pay for his success. Emma felt sad that there weren't many places he got to just be Prince Nelson. She was glad being with her had become one of those places.

They wandered through some truly ugly corridors-'Don't these people realize who uses these?'-to a door at a loading dock. Prince looked at her, and said, 'Ready?' Before she could answer one way or the other, he looked at Kirk, who was waiting by the door, nodded, and out they quickly walked to a waiting limo.

Once they were seated, Emma looked at Prince. 'Isn't this a little obvious?' she asked.

'Not this week, mama,' he replied. 'There are so many VIP's and performers in town for the festival, limos are a dime a dozen. Easier to hide in plain sight.'

Nodding her understanding, Emma sat back and looked out the window.  They left Montreux, and drove along Lake Geneva through beautiful scenery. It was one of the most peaceful drives Emma had ever taken.

'We could have taken a helicopter, but I only do that when I have to. I get airsick sometimes,' Prince confessed.

'I get airsick almost every time,' she responded. 'I always travel with air sickness meds just to keep anything icky at bay.'