*38*

Tuesday, Prince walked in to the living room of their home, and sat down next to Emma on the sofa.

'I need to tell you some things that are hard, but necessary. I almost left you in a mess the other night. I've been to see my lawyer and banker, and gotten things set up to make your life easier if anything ever really happened to me. I won't go into details, but there's an icon on my desktop with your name in capital letters. If you click on it, you'll find instructions on what to do.'

'Do you feel like something is imminent?' Emma asked, after she released the breath she realized she'd been holding.

'No, but as your husband, I've been very selfish. We talked in the Netherlands about pre-nups, and then the entire subject left my mind. I never put any plan into place to take care of you, and that almost seems like I neglected you, especially after last Thursday. If something did happen, the last thing I'd want is to leave you in chaos. I'm sure you'll never open that folder, because I'm planning to outlive you.' Prince grinned and gave Emma a loud, smacking, kiss.

'Even though it seems a little morbid after last week, I'm thankful. Gene didn't plan very well, and our lawyer and accountant were invaluable to me, as things were very convoluted. It put extra stress on me when I needed it least, and I'm sure it's the last thing he wanted for me.'

'Okay, that's settled, and now we don't have to talk about it any more,' Prince said, pushing Emma onto her back, and moving on top of her. 'Will you mind terribly if I have my way with you right here on the sofa?'

'Is the front door locked? I don't want a repeat of Montreux. We get naked a lot faster than we used to,' Emma smirked, as she unbuttoned Prince's shirt.

'Yes, dear, I did that before I came and sat down. Just trying to stay one step ahead of you!' Prince replied, as he ripped Emma's shirt in two, buttons flying everywhere.

'So it's like that, is it?' Emma asked. She didn't get to say anymore, as Prince's mouth crashed down on hers, his hands moving to all his favorite spots.

Emma continued her research, called some close friends, and got in touch with a doctor on Wednesday morning who felt he could help Prince with what sounded like an opioid dependency and allow him to stay in his own home and recording studios. He was unable to arrive the next day, but said he would send a colleague out to help them get things started, as it sounded like a crisis was looming. He promised to come out personally about 48 hours later. Emma and Prince agreed to the plan.

On Wednesday night, Prince came to Emma, who was finishing a spreadsheet in her office while keeping Queen Paisley the cat from 'helping' by walking across the keyboard. She was such an attention hog! Pulling Emma up from her seat, he settled his hands on her backside before he started talking.

'Sugar, I want some time alone tonight to work through some ideas that have been spinning around in my head since last Friday.' Emma's hands ended up in the same position on Prince, and they grinned at each other. Prince was moving his hands in a blatant attempt to pull another blush onto the cheeks he was facing.

'Of course, love, but when I get tired I'll go up to the living quarters and take a nap. I'm not leaving you here alone tonight, hon. You're too important to me.'

'That's fine, mama. I'll be fine, but it's nice to know you'll be around. Keep Paisley away from the studio, okay? She's been more annoying than usual the last couple of weeks.'

'Well, she doesn't get many opportunities to help people feel better, which cats like to do. You've been under the weather, so I guess she thinks you need more of her attention, even when she's a bother. She probably thinks she's helping. Sure, I'll keep her with me.' Emma and Prince shared a long, sweet hug and kiss, and they went their separate ways in the complex, like so many other nights.