"I feel you. . I love you."

"I love you too. I need you to stick by my side. . we have to stay and get through this together." She pleaded.

"You know I got you. I got us." I took her hand into mine. I couldn't leave her if I wanted to.

Carlos' POV

I waited for my parents to arrive and then the three of us headed back up to Daniella's room. My mom's expression was unreadable while my dad was clearly hurting.

The two of them went into the room and I trailed behind, giving them some time alone with her, not surprised to see Kaydence came out seconds later, his eyes red and puffy.

"You good bro?" I asked him once again. "Yeah, needa hit this blunt before I go crazy though." He headed down the long hallway.

Fifteen minutes had passed before he came back and started talking to me about him getting back in the streets and I couldn't tell if it was the weed talking or his normal self but I figured that it was the weed. . He always ran his mouth when he was high.

"I was telling you to come back, wasn't I?" I asked him. Niggas out here really missed him and from what I heard, he was the plug for a lot of little niggas who simply enjoyed getting high.

"Yeah. I got too though. This ain't bouta work."

"Why? Something happened?" I questioned. "Nah, I just needa get back on my sh-" My dad cut our conversation short by opening the room door and motioning for Kaydence to come in. He followed and I stood in the same spot in the hallway.

Omniscient's POV

"We didn't wanna leave you out there when this situation has to do with you too. ." Mr. Rodriguez said to Kaydence. Kaydence nodded in understanding and then went to stand next to Daniella who was wiping away stray tears.

Mrs. Rodriguez kept her head down, looking at Daniella and rubbing her hands through her hair. She never said anything to Kaydence even though she knew that a simple "I'm sorry for your lost" wouldn't hurt.

"Did the doctor's tell you anything about how or why this could've happened?" She asked Daniella, pretending that she cared.

"My placenta, it was damaged."

"What? How did it get damaged?" Daniella was hesitant to answer and then began looking at Kaydence nervously. His face said nothing, showed no signs or nervousness, only sadness and maybe a pinch of anger.

"Sweetie. . why are you looking at him? Kaydence, did you do something to her?" She asked. Mr. Rodriguez etched closer to Kaydence and he too was waiting for an answer.

"No! He didn't do anything. I was ju- I was looking to make sure that he was okay before I talk about it." She lied, giving her parents reassurance. "I had an accident at the house, slipped in the shower and the next thing I knew, I was bleeding."

"The new house? This is why I've been telling you to stay where you were. If you were familiar with your surroundings, you wouldn't have slippe-"

"Let's not do this." Mr. Rodriguez cut her off. He knew how his wife could get and by the way she was eyeing Kaydence, he also knew where this was heading.

"No, no. I'm gonna do it this time Daniel. Kaydence, you are destroying her!" Kaydence scrunched his face up at what she said and was trying his hardest not to disrespect this woman, especially not at a time like this.

"Destroying her? Mannn wh-"

"Kaydence, please. . Mama, are you serious?"

"Honey, let's give them some time alone. You can't do this." Mr. Rodriguez tried to talk her into leaving but she wouldn't budge.

"I can't do what? This is my daughter and I'm going to protect her from guys like this! You will not destroy her!" She pointed to Kaydence.

"Man, fuck this shit! You wanna protect your daughter? Go ahead since I failed at doing so." Dani, her dad and her mom yelled over each other as Kaydence stormed out and walked towards the elevators. He could hear Los behind him but didn't bother turning around, he was really about to say fuck this shit. He was stressed out as it is and Mrs. Rodriguez wasn't making it any better.

"That kid and Daniella are facing the same problem. ." Daniella's dad said, trying to knock some sense into his crazy ass wife.

"They both lost a child. They both are going through it right now so why couldn't you just take it easy on him? He's under enough pressure." He told her and shook his head, showing that he was disappointed in her behavior.

"Yeah. I don't think she understands but I'm about to get some sleep." Daniella said, holding back tears that seemed as if they'd never stop flowing. Bad luck was in the air and she was catching all of it.

Kaydence's POV

I was tired of being the bad guy all of the time. I knew that part of this was because of what I had done in the past and that itself was fucking with me but for Daniella's mom to come to me with some fuck shit, talking about me destroying her daughter was over the top crazy.

I was already feeling some type of way but I swear, the lady made me wanna pack my shit up and get ghost on everybody and it was a shame that she could push me that far.

"Alright. . Ima tell you now." I said to my mama while I tried to put Karcyn to sleep. "What is it?"

"Dani lost the baby." She sighed and her voice weakened as she spoke, "I'm so sorry son." She sat next to me.

"It's all good, I guess. I don't know where to go from here. . I need some sense of direction."

"Talk to God." She said. This was always her answer and it always worked.

"As a matter of fact, let's go to church on Sunday. . Me, you, Dani, and Karcyn."

"Nah. Just us three. I don't think Dani ah go."

"Why?"

"We kinda got into it. . Me and her mam- Well no, her mama snapped on me."

"What do you mean?" She asked. "She basically said that I was destroying Dani so what you think that mean? She want me gone right?"

"Gone my ass. That expensive ass house you just purchased. . tell her to fuck off." She said, her inner-savage coming out.

"You know I don't like nobody fucking with my kids. . Don't make me call her."

"Nah, its not that serious ma. . Ima just give that shit a break. I can't do it." I knew that I promised not to leave but how I was feeling, all things had to go and I was bouta try to stay to myself for a good lil' minute if I could.

Vote and comment!