The trip to Australia and New Zealand was magical. Each concert was more meaningful than the last, as Prince tailored his set lists to his audience. Reviewers were amazed at his openness, as he had always been reticent to speak about himself onstage or in print. He entwined stories about his life with songs that inspired him, sometimes at the moment. It was a high point for Prince and Emma, and, along with the time they spent seeing the beauty of those countries, gave them both lots of great memories.

There were sad moments. In the space of four months, two of Prince's first loves passed away. He withdrew for awhile in November, after the first death, but talked about the second woman, an artist who had been a part of his life in the 80's, during one of the Australian shows. His obvious grief was touching, especially to those fans who remembered her as an important part of his early career.

'We're too young to be losing friends our age,' Prince remarked one day, as they were sitting in the living room of the penthouse in Melbourne, cuddling.

'I agree. Even though I told students for years that life isn't fair, I don't like things that seem unfair.'

'I'm planning to unfairly annoy you as a dirty old man, in between residency concerts and master classes. In between your thighs.' Emma laughed out loud.

As winter rolled into spring, he continued to be plagued with an upper respiratory virus that he couldn't seem to shake, and that made it difficult to swallow due to a continual sore throat. Despite that, he just kept working. It was all he knew to do, and kept him from worrying.

Prince planned concerts for Atlanta, but had to cancel, something he'd rarely done. He was still fighting a flu-type virus that he couldn't shake, and was exhausted and in pain. Despite Emma's urging to see a doctor, Prince continued to try to wear out the virus as he had so many times in the past, but it just wouldn't let up.

He did reschedule the concerts, and Emma made sure the girls came to them. Prince suggested to Emma that she might want to spend a few days with the girls, and Emma reluctantly agreed. One of Prince's young protégés arrived backstage as a surprise, and was warmly welcomed.

Emma pulled the protégé aside and said, "I want you to keep him entertained while you keep an eye on him on the plane ride home, please. He hasn't been feeling well and I'm worried. Can you do that for me? Call me if there's anything that makes you uneasy.' The protégé readily agreed, and Emma stayed behind, worried, but feeling like she'd been neglecting her daughters.

Emma and Prince kissed passionately before leaving the theater. 'See you in three days', Emma said.

'I'll be counting the minutes until you're right back here in my arms,' Prince said.

'Cause that's my only mission!' Emma replied. They both chuckled. One final squeeze, and they walked to the door hand in hand, to go their separate ways, Emma to a car, Prince to a limo and his plane.

 One final squeeze, and they walked to the door hand in hand, to go their separate ways, Emma to a car, Prince to a limo and his plane