She also sang with a church music program comparable to the one she had participated in while living in Georgia when she was in town. Between the two areas of interest, and the time she spent with Prince, which was the most precious time to her, her life felt full and complete for the first time in years.

They flew to Atlanta on December 22nd, and Emma immediately left Prince at her Atlanta house to hit the grocery store. She'd been mentally planning this meal ever since the wedding, as she found out Prince's likes and dislikes. It was going to be a feast of side dishes and lots of pie, which would make everyone happy, since none of them liked turkey or ham anyway.

When she walked back in the house with arms full of grocery bags, Prince was sitting on the sofa in the living room, looking exactly like a toddler on the verge of a tantrum.

'I can't do this, Emma. It goes against everything I've believed all these years. The longer I sit here, the more upset I get about it.' Prince crossed his arms over his chest, and looked genuinely distressed. Emma's heart broke to see him upset.

'Oh, darlin', if you need to head back north, I'll be okay. I'll miss you like crazy, but I don't want you down here and miserable because you think that will make me happy. Call Kirk and get yourself home where you are comfortable.' Emma gave Prince a kiss on the cheek, and snuggled in next to him on the sofa. 'I'll need some more lovin' before you leave, though. We'll need to make it good to last us for 3 days. I'll fly back up on the night of the 25th, and bring the girls with me, instead of staying here through the New Year as we had planned. It will be fine.'

Prince took a deep breath, put his arms around Emma, leaned in close to her ear, and whispered, 'Psych. Merry Christmas, baby.'

Emma swatted Prince on the arm. 'You are the worst! I was feeling terrible about making you do something you hated. I'm not sure how I'm going to get back at you for this one.

Prince was laughing so hard he was bent double. 'Oh, mama, you are still so easy to send up! Thanks for my first present. Honestly, I thought I'd be very uncomfortable with all this, but it's kind of nice hiding out here in your sweet little house. It really does remind me of you, but there's not enough purple...'

'Oh, hush, silly.' Emma was laughing by this point. 'I'm trying to make this as simple as possible. I have presents for the girls, but not you, and you better not have anything for me, or you'll be in big trouble. I need to get started on sweet rolls for us for Christmas morning, and probably before that, knowing your sweet tooth.' Prince interjected, while pulling Emma in for a long kiss. 'Definitely more sweet rolls, mama.'

After she came up for air, Emma continued, 'I've already talked to my pastor about attending a Christmas Eve service, and he let me know that the church has off duty police on the grounds for all services, so we shouldn't have a problem with paparazzi. Let's go to the final service of the evening, which is the least attended. When we get home, we can debate theology for hours if you want. Does all of that sound okay?'

'I enjoy debating with you, but I can think of other things I'd rather do.' As Prince's hands began roaming, his smirk was strong. 'I guess I should be honest. You better go shopping for a present for me, because I did get you a little something. I got a little something for the girls, too. It was fun to shop for y'all.' Prince looked a little sheepish.

'Umm Hmm. After all that about not celebrating Christmas, you sure got involved! Guess I'm going to have to jump to make all this happen. Any hints on what you might like?'

'Hmmm, let me see. Garter belts, stockings, lingerie, all of that will work. I could use a new winter scarf; my favorite, I just noticed, has moth holes. Maybe some vinyl? Oh, a cake. Definitely a cake.'