Victor's eyes burned into mine and he seemed to be deciding whether to continue with the good cop act or step it up a notch.

"That's what I'm trying to find out." He muse.

"So, no idea who the culprit is?"

"Well not yet... we are still working on the details, and there's an officer questioning the victim now."

"Good."

"Good," Victor echoes, his eyes still locked on me.

I kept the conversation going, detailing his suspicions.

"Isn't it your job to catch guys like these?" I asked amused and Victor broke eye contact for the first time.

"As a matter of fact, it is..."

"Good." I said trying hard not to chuckle, "Ah one question... what does this have to do with me?"

He shrugged but didn't speak for a minute then Victor's eyes found their way back to mine,"Perhaps... all the evidence so far points to you," he intones.

My lips curled and my nose crinkled, while Victor seemed to be reading my body language, but I was good at making stuff. He couldn't point fingers at me without any evidence especially since I hadn't admitted to anything and the standoff between us was quite a spectacle. Victor frowned and I reckoned he didn't have enough evidence to support his claim but knowing him, the guy knows more than he let's on. Nevertheless, I was quite positive Victor couldn't deceive me into ratting out myself by admitting to the break-in and another grin tugged at the side of my lip. In fact, Victor didn't need me to come clean for him to know that I was behind it, he would get the truth one way or another so I threw in the towel early and I admitted to it.

"Okay you got me," I frowned and roll my eyes, "I did it."

He reached out for the weapon and I watched him tuck it back to his police duty belt before turning his focus back to me. He didn't even bother hiding his disappointment or disapproval and I scoffed.

"Secret, I thought we agreed you'd stay out of trouble?" He reprimands pushing his messy hair back from his forehead.

I grimaced and cursed under my breath and Victor looked back at me.

"I am trying to stay out of trouble," I grumble.

"Clearly you aren't trying hard enough."

I scowled at his remarks and hissed, "D'you think I wanted some arrogant asshole pissing me off?!"

"Secret..." Victor says warningly.

"My bad..." I mock before beginning to enumerate, "I mean a cocky, arrogant shit face, papa smurf looking piece of moronic scumbag pissing me off?!"

"Is he some new boyfriend of yours?" Victor catechize, clearly missing the point.

I couldn't tell if he was taking a piss out of this or he really didn't understand the severity of the situation or what but I was at a complete loss for words, staring at him gaping.

He could not be serious!

"If the guy's cheating, there are better ways to find answers." He added looking uncomfortable with the topic as much as I would be only if I wasn't too busy trying to pick up the pieces of my splattered brain from off the floor.

I still couldn't muster a sound from the time I went brain dead until now.

He must be shitting me!

"Not a boyfriend?" Victor asks his eyebrows furrowed, then he continued to look sort of relieved he didn't have to give me the father-daughter boy talk as if I needed it, "A crush maybe?"