Even More Mewments

Sometime during, The Great CATastrophie: Chrom

I yawn and exit my tent. I spot my little sister frantically running arround "Lissa, what is going on? Why are you freaking out like that?" I ask.

Lissa turns to me "Chrom! Have you seen Anna?!" She asks.

My happy mood immediately goes away "What do you mean, 'where's Anna?' She's in her tent right now, probably sleeping." I say.

Lissa shakes her head "Nuh uh. Not there! I checked! She's gone!" She exclaims.

Now I begin to panic "W-what?! But she's supposed to stay in camp!" I say.

Lissa and I discuss every single situation that could have happened to Anna, until be are interrupted by a loud mew.

Lissa and I look down to see cat Anna approach us, fur all messed up and covered with leaves. I immediately pick her up and make sure she's not hurt despite her protesting mews "There you are! Where were you?!" I ask. I am talking to a cat... she's not going to answer.

Just then, Miriel appears "She was probably out in the forest. Cats are feral and nocturnal, so she was just doing what her instincts told her." She says.

I turn to Anna and she nods. I groan and begin to straighten her fur "Well, she's NOT a cat, is she?! That was completely dangerous for you to do, Anna! Don't do it again!" I command. She just mews and rolls her head.

...

It's finally nighttime, and most of the Shepherds are already changed into their nightwear or more casual clothes and are either finishing up any special training or retired to their tents. I yawn and stretch, I think all I need to do is finish up some paperwork, and I'll be all set to fully retire to bed! I spot Anna wandering about, probably preparing for her next adventure, We can't have that, can we? 

I walk over to her and pick her up "I don't think so! I can't trust you to be on your own anymore, so you are staying with me until you are turned back!" I command, walking back to my tent.

Anna complains in that cat-like way she seemed to have mastered. I chuckle and set her down on my desk. I sit down and begin to do my paperwork. Anna eventually gives up, and curls into a ball on my desk. I slightly chuckle at the sight of her and return to my work. Minutes and minutes pass, and I find myself getting more and more tired as I read over my papers. I don't have enough time or patience to do this! I would really love Anna's help right now, but she's a cat, so she's not much help, is she? I stare at her sleeping form, Hmm... well... maybe she can help out in a different way... I begin to gently pet her, and I feel my stress melt away with every stroke. She purrs and sways her long tail, shifting a bit in her sleep.

Maybe this won't be so bad...

A couple hours later, I finish my paperwork. I stretch and yawn, and decide it's time for bed. I gently pick up cat Anna, and lay down on my cot, placing the cat on my chest. Anna dosesn't seem to have any objections and contentedly curls up on me. I laugh slightly, placing a hand on her back, and drift off to sleep.

_____________________

WE NEEDED A BREAK FROM ANGST!!!

Currently listening to: Battle Cry: Skillet (You better not sing in my comment section again, MMHunter!)