12

"No!" Trevor shouted, jolting awake. His vision was blurry as he looked around the dark room in confusion. Jeremy was sitting up beside him, a horrified look plastered on his face. Trevor took a deep breath and pulled Jeremy into a hug. Jeremy's hand lingered on his shoulder, "What was that about?" "Bad dream is all," Trevor said with a shaky voice. "Do you want to talk about it?" Jeremy asked, brows furrowed. "There was a... a fire.. And you didn't make it out, but there was a not in Mason's handwriting and... Oh god, it's two in the morning," Trevor ran a trembling hand through his own messy hair. "Hey, hey. It's okay. Geoff and Ryan got him and he won't get away," Jeremy tried to comfort his boyfriend. Trevor looked down, "The things he did to me..." He shuttered at the thoughts, "I don't want anyone else going through that." Jeremy placed a warm hand on Trevor's cheek, "You're safe with us, Treyco." The bedroom door opened to reveal a redheaded woman dressed in pajamas, grasping a shotgun, "I heard screaming." Jeremy and Trevor broke out in laughter, "We're fine." She smiled before walking out.

Trevor took a shower while Jeremy searched for food. After Trevor put on his clothes, he went out into the kitchen to see Jeremy on the counter with a bowl of Lucky Charms. He pointed to a bowl beside him. Trevor picked up the bowl and sat next to Jeremy. Jeremy cracked a smile, "Hey remember that time you got arrested?" "Which time?" Trevor mumbled through a mouthful of cereal. "When that cop tried to get you in the car, but you hit your head," Jeremy snorted. "Yeah, yeah. And when we got to the station, he spilled coffee on his lap and couldn't find the handcuffs," Trevor started to snicker. "I was waiting outside for you and you fucking tripped into the bush," Jeremy had to set his bowl down so he wouldn't drop it from laughing. "I didn't trip! I just thought that bush needed a hug" Trevor tried to defend himself, but couldn't keep a straight face. Jeremy broke out into hysterical laughter, which caused Trevor to start laughing. "Shh, we're going to wake everyone," Trevor's voice shook from laughing.

Jeremy leaned forwards, still laughing. He fell off the counter in a loud thump. Trevor tried to stop laughing, "A-are you okay?" Jeremy snorted again and held his thumb up. Trevor broke out in laughter again. A light turned on in the hallway and a tired, slightly angry Michael appeared. Trevor stopped laughing, which caused Jeremy to peak over the counter. "You assholes are very loud," Michael groaned, walking over to the fridge. Trevor chuckled. Jeremy pulled himself to his feet, "Sorry Michael." Michael just poured himself some water and left. Trevor snickered. Jeremy walked over to Trevor with a smile on his face. "I haven't laughed like that in years," Trevor smiled back. Both of their jaws slightly aching. "Neither have I," Jeremy nodded. He stepped closer to Trevor, placing his hands on either side of his waist. Trevor rested his arms on Jeremy's broad shoulders. Jeremy had to stand on his toes as Trevor leaned down and pressed their lips together for a good second.

They had cleaned up their breakfast mess shortly after. Jeremy made them each a cup of coffee before they went up to the roof and sat on the bench. Trevor wrapped his hands around the warm mug. Jeremy held his slightly above his lap. There was a calm breeze blowing through the city. It was quiet outside apart from the noises of early morning traffic below. Trevor was humming to himself. Jeremy was smiling. They had almost forgotten about the events of the previous day. There were no voices speaking on that roof as the sun rose over the city. "It's so beautiful," Trevor said, taking a sip of his coffee. "Sure is," Jeremy agreed as he stared at Trevor, "You know... I never got that dance with you." Trevor eyed Jeremy, "What are you getting at?" Jeremy smirked and sat his mug on the bench. He started to play music from his phone and reached an arm out to Trevor, "May I have this dance my love?"  Trevor smirked as well and sat his mug down, taking Jeremy's hand.

Jeremy slowly pulled Trevor to his feet. Trevor placed his hands on Jeremy's waist. Jeremy wrapped his around Trevor's shoulders. They rested their foreheads together and swayed to the music. It was almost a scene out of some cheesy romance movie Jack watched Trevor placed a kiss on Jeremy's forehead. "God Trevor. What have we gotten ourselves into?" Jeremy shook his head and chuckled. Trevor just smiled, "A hell of a lot more that what we had as kids." Jeremy rested his head against the taller man's chest. Trevor rested his chin on the top of Jeremy's head. The music had long since been over, but they kept swaying. Neither of them wanted to leave this moment. Though, all good things must come to an end, right?

A gunshot echoed through the busy city. Trevor and Jeremy looked at one another, confused and concerned. They rushed back inside and into the living room. "Get down!" Geoff shouted at them. The couple immediately jumped and ducked behind the kitchen counter. Jeremy eyed Geoff, "What in the hell is going on?" "I don't fucking know," Geoff shouted from his hiding place behind the couch. "Why aren't you with him?" Trevor shouted at Geoff.  "He's dead," Geoff's answered. There was another shot. A bullet bursted through the clear glass and flew right by Trevor, jamming itself into the cabinets. Jeremy yanked Trevor closer to him, "I'm going to get on the roof to see if I can get this guy." Trevor grabbed Jeremy's arm and pulled him into his lap, "That's a death wish!" Jeremy kissed Trevor's cheek and snuck away. Gavin snuck over to Trevor's side as the couch was penetrated by another bullet. Do you guys keep a rifle in here?" Trevor asked him. Gavin pulled one out of a cabinet. "Stay down," he said to Gavin. He carefully positioned the rifle on the counter top and peaked through the scope.