8

When Trevor had woken up, he was in Jeremy's room. His head ached only enough to feel like a beginning stage headache. He looked around, spotting a dirty blonde-haired man sitting on the windowsill. "Gavin?" Trevor croaked out, voice raspy and shot. Gavin turned around, "Oh. I didn't think you'd be awake this soon." Trevor placed a hand on his own forehead, "Wha-" "Don't try and speak. You inhaled a lot of smoke and need to rest. Jack patched you up," Gavin explained. Trevor closed his eyes only to shoot them open and sit up quickly, "J-Jeremy. Where's Jeremy?" "Caleb's house. He got hurt pretty bad, but he'll be fine," Gavin got off the windowsill. Trevor tossed his legs over the edge of the bed, "I need to see him." Gavin walked over to him, "You need rest." Trevor stood up, grabbing Gavin's shirt collar in his bandaged hands, pressed him against the wall, "I need... To see... Jeremy."

Gavin, eyes wide, nodded, "O-Okay, we just... I'll take you." Trevor let go of Gavin's collar and stepped back, staring at his hands. Gavin fixed his shirt before brushing past Trevor, "Put some shoes on." Trevor put his hands down and looked up at Gavin, "Yeah. I'll uh... I'll be right out." Gavin nodded and left the room. Trevor sat down on the bed and rested his head in his hands. He let out a sigh and shook his head before looking for a pair of shoes. He found his pair of black name-brand shoes and slipped them onto his feet. Trevor wandered out into the living room and found Gavin talking to Geoff. "Hey Gavin," Trevor greeted, his voice still hoarse, "Geoff." "Hey Treyco. You ready?" Gavin gave a small smile. Geoff went off to his office as Gavin lead Trevor out to the garage.

Gavin took one of his fast cars and started off in the direction of Caleb's remote home. "Sorry for earlier," Trevor muttered. "No it's perfectly alright. I would have done the same with Meg," Gavin said, eyes on the road. Trevor gazed out the window. They were passing fields of grass now. Trevor could see a large house appearing in the distance. Gavin parked the car right in front of the house. The two walked up to the door. Trevor watched as Gavin did some weird knock. Must be a code, he thought. The door was opened by a slightly shorter man. He was skinny and his head was covered by a baseball cap. He stepped out of the way and let the two inside. That must be Caleb. "He's upstairs," Caleb announced after shutting the door.

Gavin led the way up the stairs. Caleb had disappeared into what must have been the kitchen. "He's in here, Treyco. He might be asleep, though," Gavin said in a hushed, emotionless voice. Trevor nodded and creaked the white, wooden door open. "I'll be waiting downstairs," Gavin said in the same bleak tone before going back down the stairs. Trevor stepped into the dimly lit room and shut the door behind himself. There was a lamp turned on next to a bed. Trevor walked over to the bed and grimaced at Jeremy's beat up face, eyes closed. Trevor carefully sat down next to Jeremy. He let out a quiet sigh and spoke softly, "It's all my fault, J. I'm sorry I should've been more careful. I was going to ask you out after we got back, y'know. All officially and shit."

Trevor chuckled nervously. Part of him didn't want Jeremy to hear that. Another part hoped he heard. Jeremy moved a shaky, bandaged hand up and rested it on Trevor's. Trevor's heart stopped as he looked at their hands and then at Jeremy, "You're awake." Jeremy cracked a smile, "Who said I was sleeping?" His voice came out raspy and hushed. Trevor rubbed his thumb over Jeremy's hand, "So you heard all of that?" Jeremy nodded slowly, "Were you serious?" Trevor shrugged and looked anywhere, but Jeremy's face, "Yeah um... I wish I could say it under better circumstances, but uh... Do you want to be my boyfriend? I get it if you don't I mean... We never really-" "I'd love to, Trev," Jeremy interrupted, causing Trevor to look at him. "Really?" Trevor sounded surprised. Jeremy nodded, a little more eager this time, "Of course. I was about to ask you if you hadn't already."

"Are you feeling alright?" Trevor asked. He hadn't moved from his position next to Jeremy. "Yeah. If you want to help me up, I'll can come back with you," Jeremy said, gazing over to Trevor. Trevor nodded and let go of Jeremy's hand. Jeremy pushed himself to a seated position and allowed Trevor to help him to his feet. Trevor put Jeremy's arm around his neck and his own arm around Jeremy's waist. He had to bend down a bit to make it comfortable for the two. "My left knee is pretty fucked up," Jeremy noted. Trevor nodded and made sure to let Jeremy put some of his weight onto him. They made their way downstairs and met Gavin and Caleb in the kitchen. They said goodbye to Caleb and got into Gavin's car.