4

Jack had made scrambled eggs along with strips of bacon. She quickly made two plates, one for herself and one for Geoff, as she went off to his office. Ryan made a plate for himself and went back to his room. Michael and Gavin ate on the couch, watching whatever was playing on the television. Jeremy and Trevor made the last plates. Jeremy sat on Gavin's right side as Trevor sat to Jeremy's right. "So Trevor," Gavin said through a mouthful of food. Trevor perked his head up and looked at the British boy. "Are you good with computers?" Gavin finished, his mouth no longer full. Trevor nodded, "I would say so." "Guns?" Michael asked him a question as well. Trevor nodded again. "Guys he's good at a lot. Let's not overwhelm him," Jeremy snapped.

After everyone was finished eating, Geoff called Trevor into his office. Geoff was in his chair behind his desk, spinning around like some movie villain. Though Trevor didn't show it, he was slightly intimidated by Geoff. "Have a seat," Geoff said, motioning to the chair in front of Geoff's desk. Trevor sat down, crossing his arms and leaning back. "I did a little research on you and I did not expect what I found," Geoff began. He rested his elbows on the desk and leaned towards Trevor, "According to what I found, you don't exist past the age of twelve." Trevor just shrugged, ignoring the habit to say something snarky. Geoff huffed and smirked.

Geoff turned his attention to the computer screen, "What's your history, kid?" Trevor sat up and thought about how to word his story, "When I was eight, I hid and watched my own mother get shot between the eyes. Then the shooter turned on me and I ran. Lived on the street until I was ten. I picked up a few skills, shot my name, and met Jeremy." "So how'd you get caught?" Geoff was now looking at Trevor again. "Jeremy and I were going undercover trying to take down a crew using child labor. He got out, I got caught. The building blew up after. Easy as that." "How old were you two?" Trevor looked at his shoes when Geoff asked that question. "Fifteen," he muttered out, earning a noise from Geoff that sounded somewhat apologetic.

After a couple of moments of stiff silence, Geoff spoke up. "I'm sorry kid. You're safe now. With us. Just don't go doing something stupid because I know Jeremy wouldn't be okay. He was an empty shell when we found him. You understand?" Trevor nodded, "I'll do my best, sir." Geoff smirked, "Now go. Make yourself at home." Trevor stood up and walked towards the door. He made sure to mutter a 'thank you' and a 'I care about Jeremy too much to hurt him' before leaving. Trevor shut the door behind him and let out a sigh. Maybe he made a mistake to come here. Maybe it was all just too much. Maybe seeing Jeremy again was fucking with him on a scale he didn't even know existed.

Trevor was met by loud, incoherent shouting followed by some very angry words. "Gavin you son of a bitch! I thought we had an alliance!" Trevor heard Michael yell. He smiled to himself. Maybe I'll like it here. Trevor was only halfway to the living room when he heard a laugh. One that made him stop dead in his tracks and his face flush. A laugh he hadn't heard in so long. It was Jeremy's laugh. Probably since they were both fourteen, which was eleven years. Eleven years, that's a long ass time not to hear someone's laugh, Trevor thought to himself. He was using all his might not to fall in love with Jeremy right then and there.

Trevor was struck out of his thoughts by footsteps quickly approaching him. He managed to back into the wall before Michael and Gavin rushed past him. Trevor started to feel overwhelmed. He placed a shaky hand over his chest. He was too busy looking at the ground to notice the hand being placed on his right shoulder. When Trevor looked at the owner of the hand, he was greeted by Jeremy and his wonderful smile. "C'mon. I know somewhere less exciting." Trevor gave Jeremy a questioned look. Jeremy just grabbed Trevor's hand and started dragging him upstairs. They passed Michael and Gavin, who just smirked and drew hearts in the air with their fingers. Trevor blushed at their actions and chuckled when Jeremy flipped them off.