Chapter 34- You Son of a Baboon!

Start from the beginning

"On the contrary, Sunrises, give us hope, that darkness always turns into light. Sunset is the end of the day. The time when the cold and darkness of night take over." He said quietly.

Wow. Valentino Reece Cahill, thinks so much ?

"Have you ever thought of it this way, that the stars wouldn't shine without the darkness?" I said, stating a well know quote, while looking at up the now twinkling sky.

"No. I haven't." And we fell into a silence.

I then checked my phone to look at the time and then wondered out loud,"What should I wear tonight?"

"Huh?" He asked, his mesmerizing grey eyes clouded with confusion.

"Oh sorry. I should probably ask that to a girl." I said, sheepishly. "I was actually wondering out loud what to wear to the place Chris is taking me tonight."

"What?!" He asked, shocked.

"Why do you sound so surprised?" I asked looking at him, to see his handsome face a mix shock and anger?

"He is taking you on a date?" He asked, loudly.

"No silly." I said, laughing. "He is taking me as a friend."

"Did he first ask you as a date first and then said it was friends going out together?" He asked, annoyed.

"Yes. But what's the matter with you?"
"Nothing." He said, some anger in his voice.

What's wrong with him?

We again sat in silence.

"Stop smoking. Its bad for you." I said, pointedly

"Who are you to say that to me?" He asked, irritated.

"What's your problem, huh? One minute you are one person and the next thing you know, you are this completely different person." I burst out.

"No. I am just pissed that my best friend didn't tell me about any of this, before doing it." He said.

I looked into his eyes, and saw that he wasn't lying.

As soon as I realized that, I felt the tiniest bit disappointment, and that shocked me like anything.

Why the hell are you feeling disappointment, Rey? Don't you dare deny that you felt sad when you heard the reason for his outburst. But why?

Huh. Must be because I was a bit shell shocked at his outburst.

Keep lying to yourself Rey.

"I think it's time for me to get going now. Quit smoking. It'll kill you." I said, leaving.

"Smoking is just one of the things that is killing me." He mumbled.

I might've just imagined it though.
_________________________

"Not that."

"Nope."

"No way are you gonna wear that to and date, especially to one with Christopher Adams."

"How many times do I have to tell you Kiara! It's is NOT a date!" I said, annoyed.

She just rolled her eyes at me.

Me and Kiara were currently FaceTiming and she was helping .e with my outfit for tonight. When I told her what had happened with Chris, she had squealed about it for 10 minutes, wasting so much of my precious getting-ready-time. I'm so glad that I came at 7:30 by chance, instead of my original plan of 7:45, otherwise I would've been really really late.