2 : V

fluff

warnings: includes symptoms of drowning

His heart was pounding in fast rhythm. Thump, thump, thump was all he heard in his ears. What made him agree to do this? Maybe it was the adrenaline rush or maybe it was the large group of watchers standing on the ground watching him in awe.

Maybe Taehyung didn't have a reason for doing this. Maybe this was a bad idea after all. It's not like her could take the dare back. Taehyung was determined to do the dare, even if it killed him. There was a good chance that this dare could kill him.

Her merely clicked player a week ago, and Taehyung had been doing crazy dares ever since. He looked down at the scaffolding his has standing on. The breeze blew threw his hair and he tried not to think about the ocean below. Every second was precious in this game. Taehyung took a deep breath.

"15 seconds V!" Shouted a boy who Taehyung had given his phone to.

15 seconds. 14 seconds. 13 seconds before he launched himself into the air and plummeted towards the cold water. Taehyung glanced to his right to be met by a sunset. The most beautiful sunset actually— It was a shame he would be missing it. 5 seconds before he would jump out and far. Taehyung took one step before deciding he had to do it now. He took another deep breath before running and then...

Air. Nothing but air blew past him as he feel towards the waves beneath him. Just as Taehyung was about to plunge beneath the water, the remembrance of this lack of swimming skills ran through his head.

Shit.

When Taehyung heard the splash, his muscles seized. He couldn't move. He couldn't breathe. He certainly couldn't hear the many shouts of watchers coming from above the water. He angrily pulled at the water with no advancements. He pulled, pulled, and pulled upwards. Air was all he needed, and when he finally got it, a surge of panic ran through him. Taehyungs eyes shifted around the surface of the water. The shore was a long ways away.

After every second that passed, his clothes seemed to weigh him down more and more. The waves splashed up over his face the salt stinging his eyes. He looked up at the watchers as he was struggling to swim. They were jumping up and down cheering.

"V, V, V!"

The water kept pushing and pulling him around. Taehyung legs and arms were burning as he tried to make his way to the shore. He didn't make any progress and he pulled and pulled. That's when he heard one of his fans cry out.

"Is he ok?!"

That's when the group of watchers started to question. Taehyung tried to ignore them and try to swim. A wave came closer and eventually crashed over his head. The force pushed of the water pushed him under the cold water. Taehyung pulled and pulled, but without any luck, he stayed under the raging water. The fatigue hit him like a freight train and his lungs cried out for oxygen. Weaker and weaker Taehyung got, and he drifted downward further. He felt light. Am I going to die? People have died playing this game before. Taehyung thought to himself, probably. And over a stupid game.

As the thoughts ran through his head, Taehyung could barely feel the arms that wrapped around his midsection. The vaguely felt the sensation of being pulled upwards and the cool breeze on his face. He didn't have enough energy to take a breath. Taehyung was so tired.

"You idiot!" He heard in his ear. "You could've died!"

He opened his eyes ever so slightly to see the shore getting nearer and nearer.

"Can you hear me?" A feminine voice whispered into his ear.

Was he dead? Was it an angel? The voice sure sounded like one. Taehyung felt his heavy eyelids close once more. When he opened his eyes again, he was peering up at the sky. A blurry face came into view before his vision focused like a camera.

She was beautiful, an angel of sorts. Her [h/c] hung over her face and her beautiful [e/c] glittered in the setting sun. The angel patted his cheek and smiled.

"You crazy bastard. I thought you were actually going to die."

Taehyung felt his eyes widen, and he tried to push himself up. The girl put a hand on his back and helped push his weak body upwards.

"Are you an angel?" Taehyung asked quietly.

She laughed a sweet laugh, and her white teeth showed through her pink lips. Taehyung felt the urge to sit up a little more, and press his lips up to her sweet ones. But he fought his urge.

"T-Thanks," Taehyung stuttered and ruffled his hair.

The girl sat up on her knees and shrugged.

"No problem. I'm just into saving lives and all."

Taehyung couldn't help but laugh. She flashed her one of her sweet smiles before introducing himself.

"I'm [y/n], and no, I'm not an angel."

Taehyung look down as he felt his cheeks reden. The watchers that urged him to jump were on the beach by now. They cheered for him and patted him on the back. Taehyung couldn't take his eyes off from [y/n]. Her smiled faltered as everyone came near. A random boy handed Taehyung his phone.

"Congrats dude, you're in first place."

Taehyung's felt his jaw drop as he looked at the illuminating phone screen.

"Congratulations V," the watchers began to say one by one.

Taehyung looked back up at [y/n], who was giving him a sad smile.

"Congratulations," she said quietly.

She pushed herself up and off the sand and Taehyung followed. Before she could walk away from him, he grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Do you think I'm going to let you leave just like that?"

[y/n] looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, "Yeah?"

Just then, he felt a buzz from his phone. He glanced down at the new dare and was filled with happiness.

Take her out to dinner

Taehyung looked back up at [y/n], who still had a confused expression plastered onto her face. Her smiled brightly at her before he started to kick at the sand with his soggy shoe.

"Well, I was going to ask you this anyways, but..."

"Yeah?"

"W-Would you maybe w-want to go out to dinner and stuff? With me?"

"Right now?"

Taehyung nodded.

"Well I'm not sure about 'and stuff', but I'll go out to dinner with you."

Taehyung smiled and she returned it with one of her sweet grins.

"Let's go."