6 : J - H o p e

fluff

She loved working at the bakery. The smell of fresh bread and macarons were intoxicating. It wasn't a bad college job. It wouldn't be a bad full time job either. Or that's what [y/n] thought anyways.

She had always had a knack for baking. It was something she loved to do in her free time. So when she moved off to college and found this bakery, it didn't take her long to apply and start working.

She awed the owner with her cupcake decorating skills and her favorite dish to make— Creme Brûlée. She was hired the day after.

It was lunch time when [y/n]'s stomach growled. The only downfall to working in a bakery was being hungry all the time. The bakery was getting busier and busier by the minute as the lunch rush was finally coming in.

Suddenly, a group of seven boys came pounding through the little front door. [y/n]'s eyes widened for a moment before she continues to work. But [y/n] couldn't help but stand up a little straighter or fix her hair as the boys came to look at the case class full of baked goods. Doing her best to ignore them, [y/n] nervously shifted behind the register.

The first boy that came up held a croissant in his hands. He wore a black leather jacket and had messy hair. [y/n] collected his money with a shaking hand and he strutted away. The boys filed in front of her, each carrying various baked goods.

The last boy who checked up had a broad smile on his face as he handed [y/n] a blueberry muffin. The boy with the smile had dark ruffled hair and sported a dark jacket with a plain white T underneath. He ruffled his hair as he handed [y/n] his Monday.

As the happy boy went to sit down next to his friends, [y/n] couldn't keep her eyes off of him. He radiated a complete aura of happiness. The boy reminded her of a lemon bar, bright and happy.

"[y/n], wipe the counters please."

Her boss walked by and tossed her a rag and cleaning solution. She sighed as she walked to the other side of the counter. She started to spray and wipe the glass class, ridding it of all the oily finger prints. She paused when she sensed a pair of eyes on her. [y/n] looked up to see the happy boy looking at her with a smile. He didn't bother to hide his staring. When she was done cleaning, she went back to her place behind the cash register. Her friend, [y/f/n], took over the cash register when she was cleaning.

"Hey, [y/f/n], who are those boys?"

[y/n] asked hoping she could find out happy boys name.

"The boy in the leather jacket is Kim Taehyung, and boy in the red suspenders is Park Jimin, the boy in the black and red striped sweater is Jungkook, the boy in the beret is Min Yoongi, the boy in the pinstriped suit is Kim Namjoon, the boy in the plaid is Kim Seokjin, and the boy in the dark jacket it Jung Hoseok."

Jung Hoseok.

"Oh, wow. You know all of them, huh?" [y/n] asked her friend.

"Yeah, they're kinda infamous."

"How?"

[y/f/n] shrugged in response. [y/n] sighed and her eyes fluttered over to the boys again. Just as her eyes landed on Hoseok, he looked at her. She quickly looked away as a customer walked up to her holding a cupcake in hand. She charged the young girl who bought the cupcake and looked at Hoseok again. He was still looking at her with that ridiculous grin on his face. [y/n] felt her eyebrows furrow together in annoyance. Was he going to keep looking at her like that the whole time? Before she knew what she was doing, she stomped over to the table of boys.

They were all joking around and laughing with each other as she approached. [y/n] stood right in front of Hoseok and crossed her arms. His smile faltered as her noticed the annoyed girl standing in front of him.

"Excuse me," [y/n] said full of confidence, "Do you need something?"

As the words came out of her mouth, everyone at the table became silent. Hoseok looked at his friends before replying.

"Nope. We're good over here."

A couple of his friends snickered and [y/n] raised an eyebrow.

"Really? Then stop staring!"

She turned on her heel and walked back to her spot of the register. She took deep breaths, not believing the words that just came out of her mouth. Her friend walked over and placed a hand on her shoulder

"I wish I had enough balls to do that."

[y/n] rolled her eyes at her friend. After a couple of more minutes, the group of boys all stood up and thrown away their trash. They left the bakery, except there was one boy that lagged behind everyone else. [y/n] tried not to pay any attention to Jung Hoseok, but he was hard to ignore. He walked up to her, hands in his pocket. Her heart started to beat faster and faster.

"Hey, sorry for the staring. You just..."

[y/n] gripped the sides of the counter so hard her knuckles turned white, "Yeah?"

Hoseok flashed her another smile, "You're just beautiful. That's all."

He began to leave, leaving [y/n] behind with her mouth hanging open. Just as he was opening the door, Hoseok paused and turned back to look at the bakery girl.

"I never got your name?"

[y/n] tried to recreate his smile, "Come in tomorrow, and I might tell you."