Untitled Part 16

It took my brain a second to realize who was standing in the doorway, because it has been so long since I've seen them that I forgot what they looked like. I took the moment to let the face sink in, and when it did my heart started racing as I threw my arms around their neck.

          "I come home as a surprise and find you two running around like some crazy teenagers," she laughs as Footsteps are heard running up the stairs. Seconds later all the boys were up here sweaty and out of breath.

          "What happened? We..." Cameron trails off as he looks at my arms around the new person in the room. I let go and smile.

          "You aren't supposed to be back for another month," I say in shock.

          "I told them I wanted to be back in time for your birthday next week," she says back to me. Everyone looked confused at this point so I decided it was time to let them know who the lady was in my house.

          "You guys this is my mom," I say with so much love as just stares at the boys in front of us.

          "It's not everyday I come home to two screaming girls and four shirtless sweating guys," she jokes making them all look nervous but laugh a little.

          "This is Nick, Trevor, Nathan who is Jessica's boyfriend, and Cameron, my boyfriend," I say making her look at me in shock. Cameron smiles at her as I take his hand.

          "Boyfriend? This is the first I have heard of this," she says setting her bags on the ground and taking her shoes off. She looked different, older than when she left months ago. Maybe it was the sun over in Africa that made her skin age. Maybe it was the fact she worked herself half to death since we heard about the dad and my brother. 

          "Yeah I haven't had the chance to tell you because you are always busy," I say making her look at me a little upset. I knew where this conversation was headed already, because she knew how I felt about her job and our situation. She didn't care if there were people here, she would get right into it with me. "But yes, a lot has happened in the past few weeks. Cameron and the boys have become good friends of ours," I say with a smiling Jessica next to me.

          "Well, it would've been nice to be informed about this before I came home," my mom says in an upset tone. She didn't get to do that, not to me. Not when she is never even around or picks up her phone when I even call. 

          "I did try and call you a few nights ago you know, but you were working as always," I say in as calm of voice as I can. Jessica gave me that look, telling me to let it go. The boys looked uncomfortable in this whole situation. "Hey, how about we go back downstairs and finish that work out," I say as the boys were quick to run back down the stairs. Jessica with them, and Cameron kinda walked down slow and I ignored him and took my attention back to my mom.

          "A boyfriend huh?" she says looking through her bag in a sort of angry way. I let out a sigh and rolled my eyes. "You know, this is why I wanted you to come with me to Africa, because I don't want you running around on your own here," she says making me look at her in shock.

         "Really? Because you didn't say that months ago when you first left me. You just packed your bags, said your job was making you go to Africa for awhile and that I would be fine on my own for a month," I say making her stop what she was doing, not looking at me but you could tell I hit her hard. "You just left me right when I needed you most. Right when Liam decided to leave and then you left too," I shout in anger. She looks at me, a blank emotion on her face. "You do know you have more than one child right?" I say making her throw her bag down and look right at me.

          "You don't know the pain I was in Allison, loosing two people. You don't know what I was feeling," she says holding back tears. I look at her in complete shock, the words that just spilled out of her mouth like venom. It burned, it really burned what she just said to me. In that moment I think she realized what she had said.

          "You don't think I was hurt, you don't think I was in pain too.. Worst part was, I lost my mother too that day," I say making her flinch at my words. "The moment you walked out that door, is the moment I realized I was alone, when I needed my mom more than ever she checked out on me.... You think you can just have a say in my life when you aren't even around to watch me live it," I say making her look away. "No look at me," I say making her look back at me with teary eyes. "You abandoned me," I whisper making her get an unknown expression on her face that I've never seen before. "I hope Africa was worth it," I whisper turning back to go downstairs, when I did I seen Cameron was standing there the whole time. I locked eyes with him and he had a sad look on his face. I ignored it and walked past him to the basement where everyone was laying on the floor looking out of breath. Cameron followed without saying a word as we joined everyone and sat in silence.

          "Did you know she was coming home?" Jessica finally broke the silence after us all sitting there for another ten minutes. I shake my head as I lean on Cameron as we sit. "Well, It's nice to have her back in town," she adds on trying to lighten the air.

          "Yeah while she's here," I say making her look at me with that 'seriously' look. "What do you want me to say Jess, i'm not thrilled how she just left me alone when I needed her. She has no Idea what has happened in the past year," I say making Cameron tense up because he knew what I was talking about. I placed my hand in his and he relaxed a little. "She thinks she can show up and everything will be alright, but it's not," I say making her frown.

          "She seems nice tho," Nate says making me smile a little.

          "She is nice, the nicest lady you will ever meet," Jessica says making me nod in agreement. Because it was true, my mom was the sweetest lady in town. She had a heart of gold and loved helping people, which is originally why she joined doctors without boarders. "Tell us about her Allie," she adds on making me focus and smile a little.

          "She is a sweet lady, with such a big heart. She's one of the best doctors this state currently has, so when they offered her a spot for Doctors Without Boarders she couldn't resist. And at the time she just wanted to get away from town for awhile, which I know I say I blame her but I don't. I understand why she did it, and because she has to big of a heart to say no to kids who need her more than ever....." I say smiling again, "She was always caring for everyone growing up, all my friends whenever they were sad, sick or anything," I say looking at Jessica as she smiled as well. "She's a good lady, she just lost her path for awhile," I say referring to the conversation everyone heard between me and her.

          "You really look nothing like your mom," Nick points out making my heart drop. I always thought the same thing, because I look nothing like my dad either. Liam and me look the same, but he didn't look like our parents too. I just thought maybe mom dyed her hair or whatever.

          "I know, she told us she dyes her hair to keep from looking old," I joke making them laugh. "She's beautiful tho," I whisper making Cameron kiss the top of my head.

          "And you get that from her," He says making me smile. It was getting late and everyone decided to head out for the night, leaving me alone with my mother who I haven't seen in months. This ought to be fun.....