Discourse

Day 2 of Zelink Week, yayyyy! It's short and sweet, but it's done!! XDDD This is dedicated to 8thSage for being awesome!!! ^~^ Now on with the story! XD Enjoy! <3

... And if my tenses are screwed, I'll be kinda annoyed. X_X BUT MEH.

~Elsie

~~~

Her brows drew together as she thought long and hard, most likely biting back words she wanted to say right then.

I smirked - winning in our little debates was so easy. She didn't realize how she would just set herself up to make it easy for me to go for the steal. "Zelda," I said; she didn't look up, and I just watched her, amused.

"Zelda," I repeated, fighting a smile and watching her face scrunch up.

"What?" she finally spat out, forcing her mind to work.

Chuckling to myself, I spoke again, "... Do you give up?"

She hit me on my chest lightly, "No! I never give up!" she looked as though I'd spoken a foreign language - even though she was fluent in four different ones. Playing with her nails was how she distracted herself, and she refused to look at me until she had prepared a response.

"Are you sure?" I asked, fighting back a laugh. She looked so adorable when she was trying to prove me wrong - even when it came to whether or not I was the one who was supposed to put dish washer fluid in the washing machine, which was our current debate right now.

"I'm positive!" she exclaimed. "I told you to do it, and you said you would!"

I crossed my arms over my chest, "But you always put the dish washing fluid into the machine - I always close it!"

"That excuse won't work with me, buddy!" she exclaimed indignantly. She was getting really riled up, something I enjoyed doing because she was so fun to tease. Her nose wrinkled like always, and she looked displeased with me.

"Zelda," I dragged her name out teasingly, whipping her side with a damp towel. "Just give it up."

Her eyes slit, and she looked determined, "Never."

Arching a brow, I hid a chuckle, "Oh, it's on." Before I could start my tickle fight as I'd planned, my smart wife had already moved to the security monitors and mics that we'd installed throughout our house just in case of a break-in.

"Oh, it most certainly is," Zelda agreed as she searched for the exact moment when she'd supposedly told me to fill the dishwasher with the soap - which did NOT happen at all.

Five minutes later, and she'd found nothing, not to my shock at all; but then, a few seconds later, she suddenly exclaimed, "There it is!"

And that was the end to my short lived victory.

I heard on the mic, "

-Zel: 'Link, put the dishwasher fluid in for me, please?'

-Link: 'OK, Zel - just give me a second...'

-Zel: 'Fine - just make sure it gets done. I know what a lazy bum you are sometimes.'

-Link: 'I'm no lazy bum, Zel...'

-Zel: 'I beg to differ.'

-Link: 'Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it.' *laughs* 'I'll do it, alright, Zel?'

-Zel: *laughs* 'You'd better.'"

My eyes widened as my wife turned off the mic with a click. She turned to me, a mischievous grin playing on her lips, "You were saying?"

...

"Uhhhh," was all I could think to say. "Sorry for not doing it, Zel..."

She placed her hands on her hips, "Not good enough, Link!"

I gritted my teeth, mock-annoyed, but I knew that she'd gotten me. Modern technology sucks. "Arghhh, what do you want from me?"

"You have to admit that you're a lazy bum," Zelda declared. And to make matters worse, she added, "and promise that you'll put in the dishwashing fluid from now on."

My mouth went agape from mock horror, "You wouldn't!"

"Exactly - except YOU didn't, which is why you have to do it from now on," she laughed.

I rolled my eyes at my stubborn wife, "Alright, alright - Fine. I'm a lazy bum - but I won't put in the dishwashing fluid from now on."

"Link!" she groaned, stealing my dishrag and smacking my chest with it.

Removing my hands from under the stream of water running from the faucet, I then wrapped Zelda in a big hug.

She began hitting my chest, trying to push me away. "Link, go finish the dishes!"

"That's my girl," I laughed before pulling her into another hug.

The way she'd think her smile was a secret was another one of her little oddities that I found amusing, adorable, and endearing. Although she tried to hide it, it was very present on her face, and it just made me hug her tighter. "That's your girl," she repeated mockingly, but I knew it was the cause of her upturned lips.

That was my stubborn, argumentative, always correct, brilliant wife, and I loved her so much that I threw soap in her hair.  

~~~

Total Word Count:

792