Chapter Seven

Allison

The trunk wouldn't open.

The glowing lever that could have saved my life was now hanging limply from the trunk door by its thin string.

The car stopped and I heard muffled voices through the door.

"Do you think she's still knocked out?"

"I don't know, maybe. I hit her head hard enough. And let me tell you, she's got a pretty hard head." It was John.

I heard they're muffled laughs as John opened the trunk. I decided to act like I was still passed out.

"Oh look, she's still out. Nice job on that head-bump, John."

I felt an arm scoop under my knee, and another beneath my back.

"Bring her upstairs, and tie her up. You know where." said the other man. I could hear the smirk on his face when he said that.

John walked over a smooth path that lead to the entrance to the home. I felt each thump of his foot on the concrete. I reluctantly cracked my eyes open a bit so that I could catch my bearings.

It's a mansion! I'm being carried into a damn mansion! What the hell?
How could he do this to me? I thought he liked me! And now here he is carrying my limp body into some mansion! Not only that, but he's going to tie me up! Right from the start, I thought he liked me but now I see that it was just a plan to kidnap me.

I carefully looked up at John and he had a trace of worry on his face. Huh, how ironic. I should be the one that is worried.