Chapter Fourteen

Allison

"Okay, come here." Richard whispered as he creaked open his bedroom door.

I slowly tiptoed toward Richard as he peered out the door, looking down both ends of the hallway.

"Alright, the coast is clear but Jack is most likely in his office." Richard stated.

Richard turned his head to face mine, humor glinting in his eyes.

"Are you ready, Allison?"

"Ready as I'll ever be, Richard." I smirked.

"Alright, then. Follow me."

Richard grasped my hand and slipped out the door. I couldn't expunge the thought of his warm hand holding mine from my mind. It felt as if I was floating.

We walked quickly and swiftly down the many endless hallways until Richard made an abrupt stop, causing me to ram into his back.

Richard sprawled his arm across my stomach, pressing me against the wall of the hallway as he did the same.

"What's-"

"Shh, keep your back against the wall." Richard interjected.

"But, what's wrong?" I whispered.

"We're outside Jack's office."

Oh.

I soon heard the sound of muffled voices escaping from the open door beside Richard.

"What are they saying?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, I can't quite make it out." he replied.

"What do you mean, she's gone?!? I told you to keep the bedroom door locked!!! What's happening here, huh? The same thing happened to John about an hour ago!!!" Screamed a familiar husky voice.

"That's Jack." Richard whispered.

I see...

We heard a fist slam on the desk with incredible force and then Jack spoke again.

"Okay, you let me down on one thing. Please tell me that you at least held up your part on the other end."

"I did sir. That was the easy part." Said the other male voice.

Jack snorted, "That was the easy part? You mean to tell me that stealing a truck load of drugs was easier than locking a bedroom door?!"

"Sorry, sir. Wrong choice of words."

Jack sighed.

"Damn, you must really be an imbecile. Get out of here, I don't want to see you anymore."

Richard turned toward me with a glint of panic and remorse tracing his eyes.

He mouthed "I'm sorry" as he pulled me to his chest, pressing my back against him. He covered my mouth with his hand and held both of my wrists behind my back.

I was unable to move as the man walked out of the office, and spotted Richard.

"I see you redeemed yourself." said the man.

"Yup. Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to get this lovely lady back to her room where she can think about what she has done." said Richard menacingly.

"Not so fast. I think you should show Jack first." said the man.

Richard nodded as the man disappeared into Jack's office.

Richard brushed his lips against my ear and whispered, "Struggle against me. Jack isn't going to believe this is real if you don't put up a bit of a fight."

I nodded my head rapidly and tried to wriggle out of his grasp as he pulled me into Jacks office.