Chapter Eight

Allison

The flight of stairs to the bedroom seemed endless. With each step John took, my hair swung from side to side over his arm. My neck was beginning to ache from hanging limply and I was beginning to feel lightheaded.

Finally, we made it to the bedroom door. John nudged the door open with his foot, stepped into the room, and shut it with his back. From what I could see through my eyelids, there were no lights on in the room.

John continued to walk forward and carefully placed me on the bed.

I heard footsteps disappearing further into the room and heard a click of a lamp switch. I slowly opened my eyelids a bit to see John turned around and reaching for a pile of rope.

I slowly rose up to a sitting position and tiptoed over to John, who was still turned around and trying to untangle the rope. I stood and lunged myself at his back, wrapping my arms around the front of his neck, attempting to choke him.

Startled, he grabbed onto my arms and attempted to peel them from his neck as I wrapped my legs around his torso. Seeing that his attempt to pull my arms off of his kneck failed, he began to walk backward at an incredible speed until he rammed me into a wall. This knocked the wind out of me, successfully detaching me from John. I laid sprawled out on the floor trying to catch my breath.

I stared at the floor as I heard footsteps get closer to me and saw John's shadow creep up on the red carpet.

Red, to hide the blood stains of previous encounters.