Chapter Two

Allison

"Ally!!! FINALLY!!! You're here! I've been waiting forever!" hollered Shelley.

I walked towards my best friend as she engulfed me in an enormous hug.

"Well, I'm here so..... let's get this over with." I said still mad about getting woken up too early.

"What kind of attitude is that?!? do you have any idea where we are?" she asked.

"Yeah... we're at the mall." I answered.

"Well let's go shopping! You have to get hot new clothes to impress that boyfriend of yours!" she shouted.

"Shelley, I'm sure Jason likes my clothes just fine. I'm also sure that I impress him enough too." I protested.

"Mmhmm.... let's just go." she chuckled.

"Wait. Shelley, can we stop at Starbucks real quick? I didn't have breakfast and I'm starving!" I asked.

"Yeah! Sure! Let's go!" she shouted as she skipped away.

I always wondered how she got her energy so early in the morning.

************************************

The line at Starbucks was terribly long! The place was crowded, and every table was taken.

"Ally, can't we just skip Starbucks for today?" Shelley protested.

"Shelley, are you crazy? I'm starving, not trying to pass time."

"Fine, but I'm waiting outside. This place is too crowded." she said as she walked away.

I waited in line for about an hour, and it was very boring. Until... I met this very nice guy.

"Hey, this line is very long huh?" Said the guy.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. It is....." I said. I was wondering why this guy was talking to me.

"Sorry, my name is John. How are you?" he said.

"Oh, my name is Allison. And... I'm fine. What about you?" I asked, still a little weary about this guy.

"I'm good. Well, we're in this line together so, why don't we be friends?" he asked.

I pondered a bit.

"Sure John, let's be friends."